Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for personal Mail Server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for personal Mail Server

2»

Comments

• @cociu said:
    TinyTunnel_Tom can you please put your logo in the thread ? :)

Logo?

• Yeah yeah .... follow protocol :)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@TinyTunnel_Tom
    You invited them by mentioning CC and spam IP, I'm following this discussion but not taking any actions as of now.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @mikho said:
    TinyTunnel_Tom
    You invited them by mentioning CC and spam IP, I'm following this discussion but not taking any actions as of now.

Thanks. Since he suggested I'm spamming, it's only fair I get to defend myself.

Thanked by 1vimalware

@Traffic said:
    Thanks. Since he suggested I'm spamming, it's only fair I get to defend myself.

You are welcome. Now please take that private discussion offer and lets keep this thread clean.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • @mikho said:

Meh feel free. But @Traffic just take it to PM now ;)

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Meh feel free.

I do feel free.

• @mikho said:

Is it wrong i thought of mtwiscool in that image

• @aglodek

Singapore and privacy? Not so sure. I think, then I'd go the couple of miles detour to Malaysia.

But otherwise I agree. That regions seems to be somewhat of the sweetspot for all Asia.

• @bsdguy said: Singapore and privacy? Not so sure. I think, then I'd go the couple of miles detour to Malaysia.

How come? Could you elaborate?

Actually, I was referring to KVM vs. OpenVZ. This said, Singapore is a temporary solution before moving the MX and some other stuff "home", that is to say Hong Kong.

• @aglodek said:
    Actually, I was referring to KVM vs. OpenVZ. This said, Singapore is a temporary solution before moving the MX and some other stuff "home", that is to say Hong Kong.

OpenVZ vs. KVM is regardless.

Trustworthy hosted vs. Shady hoster is something to choose. That's why I chose @nexmark as he is friendly and trustworthy

• @aglodek

As I said, my point was about privacy and Singapore is certainly not a jurisdiction where I would expect - and trust in - privacy.

As for KVM and OpenVZ my position (in terms of general outside hosting) I'm always for KVM. And while a malevolent provider certainly can peek into a KVM vdisk, that is (or can be made) at least harder than with OpenVZ.

That said, data privacy for a mail server, at least in my experience, is less a question of OpenVZ vs. KVM but rather one of applied reasoning, care, and experience.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited February 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom, @bsdguy: agreed with both of you.

Actually, as far as standard, unecrypted SMTP goes, "email" and "privacy" are mutually exclusive terms. This said, KVM does offer better privacy, or shall I say, security. I refer here to bored sysadmins/support staff or potential breaches on the node itself with ridiculously open access to all underlaying OpenVZ containers.

• @aglodek said:
    TinyTunnel_Tom, bsdguy: agreed with both of you.

Actually, as far as standard, unecrypted SMTP goes, "email" and "privacy" are mutually exclusive terms. This said, KVM does offer better privacy, or shall I say, security. I refer here to bored sysadmins/support staff or potential breaches on the node itself with ridiculously open access to all underlaying OpenVZ containers.

Just checked actually and its KVM Box anyway ;)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

biuletech said: ColoCrossing has most of it`s ips Spamhaus listed .... that mean .,.. NO DELIVERY !> @TinyTunnel_Tom said:

Most of our IPs are not listed by Spamhaus, however too many are. We continue to work diligently to address that issue.

• @jbiloh said:
    Most of our IPs are not listed by Spamhaus, however too many are. We continue to work diligently to address that issue.

Maybe run a promo? Like do a limited edition of servers or VPSes with "no smtp" aka blacklisted IPs

Good way to keep them out the way

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited February 2015

@jbiloh said: Most of our IPs are not listed by Spamhaus, however too many are. We continue to work diligently to address that issue.

As much as I despise Spamhaus Blackmail Services Ltd, after literally months of CC "working diligently" and IP's still listed, I really had no option but to move all of my and clients' MX's elsewhere and discontinue using ChicagoVPS.