Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1TB re4 for $100 on newegg
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1TB re4 for $100 on newegg

flyfly Member
edited August 2012 in General

http://sjc.lt/10

obligatory long link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136798&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL082112&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL082112--EMC-082112-Index--InternalHardDrives-_-22136798-L0D

buybuybuy

Comments

• earlearl Member

newegg.ca it's only $10 off compared to $50.

• flyfly Member

yes, sas is pretty rockin, but this will do in a pinch as well.

• Can someone explain why ssd/hdd is so cheap in the USA :(

• @cosmicgate said: Can someone explain why ssd/hdd is so cheap in the USA :(

I'm not sure, but does the price on Newegg include VAT?

• Thet have VAT in USA???

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited August 2012

@rds100 said: Thet have VAT in USA???

The way i understand it is that VAT is defined on a state/communal level and therefor most public listings of prices don't include VAT.

In the United States, currently (2012), there is no federal value-added tax (VAT) on goods or services. Instead, sales tax is common in most US states.[Source]

Do people have to pay a sales tax when they buy things online?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It's nice to see drive prices slowly starting to level out again.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited August 2012

@fly said: buybuybuy

dontdontdont

1st, it's limit 5
    2nd 3G/s Sata 2
    3rd It's WD

Sorry, I have not bought WD in months, failure rate too high for my liking, performance too low, this is outdated hardware. I bought 7200rpm SAS2 1tb Toshiba drives 2 weeks ago in quantity for $118

Why is WD so behind the curve on Enterprise drives? Since they purchased the Enterprise division of Hitachi, are they abandoning WD RE? Or is this a clearance of old stock before they release Sata 3? Things that make you go hmmmmm

• u4iau4ia Member

It depends on what state you are in if you pay tax. I am in New York and don't pay tax at newegg. It depends on if the seller has a presence in that state or not. IIRC newegg only charges tax in New Jersey and California. Amazon on the other hand adds tax to my orders.

• Sata 3 vs Sata 2 doesn't really buy you much, when the drive can only read with about 130 MB/s from the plates.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I wonder if newegg deliveres to DCs as well, or just home addreses?

• @rds100 said: Sata 3 vs Sata 2 doesn't really buy you much

It is a huge difference to the VPS market when you are making large arrays, even 4 drive you can flood the bus. Thinking 1 drive, yes, you are right, there is little difference, but then why buy this drive when a black is less money. This deal is nothing to get excited about.

• @rds100 said: Sata 3 vs Sata 2 doesn't really buy you much, when the drive can only read with about 130 MB/s from the plates.

We're seeing much improved iops ratings with SATA 3 vs SATA 2. As we're not selling VPSes for massive block-reads, but instead for random I/O, SATA 3 is a worthwhile improvement over SATA 2.

• You can get the WD RE4 1TB for around 80 Euro net maybe a bit more.