Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HeroicVPS (Spinikr) is dying! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HeroicVPS (Spinikr) is dying!

2»

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited February 2015

@DalComp - your right, apologies

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited February 2015

@Ruriko , I will say this: I have had a server with them in Phoenix for a while as well and over the past 3 months I have tried to put in a few different tickets for various reasons and none of them have been replied to.

I have also tried calling the number listed on the spinikr.com page and it is just a busy signal. I believe they only have one node in Phoenix (or a single cluster utilizing a single switch/router) as they have been experiencing over 50% packet loss to all there services in PhoenixNap for about 3 days now, at the very least. Not to mention this has been going on without any action taken to mitigate the issue at all, not even an e-mail to explain the problem.

Up until now the service has been pretty damn good. This is the first time I have had any true issues preventing me from utilizing service. However, from the looks of it I think its a ghost town now. I asked someone I know that knew the owner to reach out to him and he also told me he got no response. So, it's anyone's guess whether or not they are going to be here in another month or what is really happening. If things continue like this, I would suggest anyone using their services start to look for a new home. Not because the product isn't good, but because there is obviously no one there to take care of any issues or their customers.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug yea I pretty much have the same problem as you with my vps being in Phoenix causing to have a lot of packet loss. Pretty sad the host has gone down the hill as no one is answering support

• Ruriko said: If I can't use the word "scam" what else am I suppose to use?

Bad support, slow support, one-man-show hoster, unreliable support. Just some examples of using the english language correctly!

But it seem this provider goes downhill, so, I would suggest to pack your things and move to another provider as soon as possible, to avoid surprises!

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @Ruriko said:

Much better, thanks m8. Being properly descriptive helps everyone in the long run.

• LeeLee Veteran

HC_RO used to be very active in a number of channels and tended to be there right away when someone posted. It does seem odd and he never came across as anything other than up standing.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    HC_RO used to be very active in a number of channels and tended to be there right away when someone posted. It does seem odd and he never came across as anything other than up standing.

Maybe the buses finally left @jack alone and chased someone else, hopefully everything is OK with him.

• @ATHK said:
    So $5 a month and you want premium less than 2 day ticket responses?

Depends on provider, actually.

I am now using services of a hosting provider, for plan less than $5/mo, and ticket responses are very quick (15-30 minutes). However, it's not much of low-end provider.

• This whole thing about ticket speeds being related to cost is a myth I reckon.

I get faster responses from most low-end providers than I do from Rackspace, and depending on who I need to speak to at Rackspace I can be waiting 24 hours to get to talk to them.

The flipside is Rackspace will never treat me like shit or a second-class citizen because I asked something silly or chased up a ticket too soon, and they are always 100% professional. They're also ALWAYS there when shit hits the fan for real.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • ATHKATHK Member
    edited February 2015

@Nekki said:
    This whole thing about ticket speeds being related to cost is a myth I reckon.

Myth or not $5 a month doesn't pay for a support tech and probably just pays for the clients service in some cases.

I get faster responses from most low-end providers than I do from Rackspace, and depending on who I need to speak to at Rackspace I can be waiting 24 hours to get to talk to them.

Aren't Rackspace huge compared to the average low-end host?

The flipside is Rackspace will never treat me like shit or a second-class citizen because I asked something silly or chased up a ticket too soon, and they are always 100% professional. They're also ALWAYS there when shit hits the fan for real.

Premium :)

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

scamho?

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • aglodekaglodek Member
    edited February 2015

@Ruriko, @wych, @Nekki et all: "scam" implies intent. No intent, no scam. It's that simple. Hence, service running 2 years, then going downhill, hardly qualifies.

There's one very important class missing in junior high/middle school: law basics. Sure would save a lot of misunderstanding and pain down the road. Probably lives even. Much less work for lawyers, though, hence probably little chance of this ever being introduced ;)

• Wouldn't call it a scam when you've had it two years, where you seem to have had no problems (you haven't mentioned). If anything you should realise from being with them this long that sometimes you can experience issues, they may be having a lot of problems with their nodes and are too busy focussed on fixing it rather than replying to your ticket, I know which I'd rather have them doing.

• @ATHK said:
    So $5 a month and you want premium less than 2 day ticket responses?

Could you be anymore unrealistic.

I have people opening Paypal disputes over replies taking more than 4 hours when I'm sleeping on a $6/yr service :)

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • LeeLee Veteran

0xdragon said: I have people opening Paypal disputes over replies taking more than 4 hours when I'm sleeping on a $6/yr service :)

That's shocking. I would charge back if I had to wait an hour for a $6 service.

• ATHK said: Aren't Rackspace huge compared to the average low-end host?

Massive in comparison.

• @0xdragon said:
    I have people opening Paypal disputes over replies taking more than 4 hours when I'm sleeping on a $6/yr service :)

LOL! That is low..

Thanked by 20xdragon im_jmz