Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone heard of 36cloud? Are they with China? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone heard of 36cloud? Are they with China?

2»

Comments

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited February 2015

4n0nx said: 4n0nx

Probably competitors feel their kicking asses and open a campaign against :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2015

4n0nx said: They really don't seem like a company I would want to give money to.

Nah actually that spam mailings aren't the worst possible thing.

What I would be concerned about, is you see how they had no problem in copying the entire DO website -- shows how they basically have no moral standards -- so how in a right mind anyone can trust their VPSes with any kind of private source code of a website or service? There's no guarantee that whatever you host at their VPS won't end up copied by them, brand names and copyrights changed, and launched as a competitor to you (or sold to your competitors).

• They had been around for a long time, however their DO-like panel was only recently released.

Which by the way I am not liking it, their new plan had capped the bandwidth speed so badly while I can get a lot better bandwidth using their older plan.

• @rm_ said:
    What I would be concerned about, is you see how they had no problem in copying the entire DO website -- shows how they basically have no moral standards -- so how in a right mind anyone can trust their VPSes with any kind of private source code of a website or service? There's no guarantee that whatever you host at their VPS won't end up copied by them, brand names and copyrights changed, and launched as a competitor to you (or sold to your competitors).

You mean like the vultr site that looked like DO for quite some time before they changed things? ;-) Still people are throwing money over to vultr. Seems as if most people do not care at all. However, I agree with what you say.

• RamiRami Member
    edited February 2015

No ip left ;)

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2015

Rami said: No ip left ;)

The same issue occured yesterday, back then it was at about "500 cloud servers launched", now it shows 729. Looks like they initially assigned two /24s of IPs to this, now apparently three, and that got filled up as well.

• Creating and rebuilding does not work since yesterday at least. At first I tried to rebuild, which failed, so now I have no VPS. I opened a ticket and used the "emergency checkbox", no reply in 20 hours.

• I got same not work to create vm, ticket them and got reply it confirmed not available to create vm temporary, they told it will be resume back soon.