Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudFlare
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudFlare

IxapeIxape Member
edited October 2011 in General

Who here uses it? I use it for DNS only but that's it. I find it causes 500 error a lot. Anyone get this issue?

Comments

• I use it to filter the bad guys and for the statistics, it also caches my front page which is pretty picture rich so speeds up the process quiet nice.

Thanked by 1MrZodiac
  • I actually get the error too. I thought it was my provider?

• IxapeIxape Member
    edited October 2011

http://stats.pingdom.com/l9thoqi4oggm/430028

Happens on LEB too.

HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway
    Server: cloudflare-nginx
    Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 07:00:03 GMT
    Content-Type: text/html
    Connection: close
    Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:01 GM
    Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
    Pragma: no-cache
    Set-Cookie: __cfduid=d169b69901d7e0efaa1299333d1b39bb21318748394; expires=Mon, 23-Dec-2019 23:50:00 GMT; path=/; domain=.www.lowendbox.com

• How many unique visitors is LEB.com pulling anyway?

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited October 2011

Ixape said: Who here uses it? I use it for DNS only but that's it. I find it causes 500 error a lot. Anyone get this issue?

not uncommon with cloudflare if you do a google search

lots of the times it'd due to issues on cloudflare cdn server end.. some insight into their network and a few reasons for 50x errors http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=7645773&postcount=25

another reason is web site/nginx php related and cloudflare is just passing back the error it got from the source/origin site

• ztec said: How many unique visitors is LEB.com pulling anyway?

Does it matter? There is one site I recently checked out that gets ~700k pv/month and it's on CloudFlare and it seems to be fine. I haven't really had any issue with CloudFlare either on LEB.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited October 2011

Used it once and i did not like it, got the same errors your talking about. Decided to setup our own redundant DNS cluster instead :P

@LowEndAdmin

I have noticed the site timing out a few times today. I thought some unhappy chappy that you had not listed had gone on the DDoS rampage again, but its working fine again now.

Ash

• @VMport -- I think that depends on which CloudFlare CDN node you are connecting to. The actual server running LowEndBox.com is pulling less than 100kbps at the moment with minimum load. However that does not stop that actual CloudFlare node you are connecting to being congested, as those nodes are also serving other sites...

• I gathered as much, another reason we stopped using it.