Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to start subscription based e-commerse in your VPS and the new EU VAT law ....
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to start subscription based e-commerse in your VPS and the new EU VAT law ....

Hello.

E-commerce noob here.

I want to start a small, subscription based e-commerse from my VPS, so that customer registers & fills the order form, pays with PayPal, bitcoin etc... and then after hitting the submit button get's automatically order confirmed message.

And after a processing of order he/she get's automatically his/her account information and is ready to log in and use the service.

And then once every month, if customer has not paid then send automatically payment notify and finally susbend account if no payment for long time.

The actual subscription would be to user account for VPN service (which I already have ready and running).

What stuff & services should I get and what needs to be done to make this automatic account creating and billing logic work?
Any open source solutions for subscription business model?
Easy tutorials for setting payment gateways and all that stuf... ???

Just read the new EU VAT law.....are they out of their minds???

Previously seller only had to take care of VAT (depending of country) if certain threshold had been reached and then the % rate always dependent of the country that business itself was registered.

But now digital seller must take care of VAT always??? Even if the yearly sell would be lousy 1 euro?? And seller also has to keep track of the customers and and all their different VAT rates now??? What's the point in all this tracking?