Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cPanel Reseller hosting offers. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cPanel Reseller hosting offers.

2»

Comments

• xaitmixaitmi Member
    edited February 2015

I have been using BuyVM's reseller for almost a year now. Mainly use it for development sites.

Haven't had any REAL downtime, but I do get 503 Service Unavailable every few days.

It's caused by some Litespeed + Apache error and is resolved with a restart which the staff have to perform.

I opened a ticket after seeing this happen a few times, and Jessie Cornia confirmed it's an on going issue and they have a ticket open with LiteSpeed about it.

My Ticket # 568525 if Francisco wants to see it.

I've also noticed my Pingdom say it's offline, but the server is really online and the website is just getting 503'd and Pingdom says it's back online when the 503 is resolved.

Other than that, their a pretty rock solid webhost. Every time I've opened a ticket I get a response from either Jessie or Aldryic within minutes.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Chalipa said:

Ah the curse of 01. Fair enough, you win. We've been battling some hardware in that node, hence the chassis swap required (and being handled next week). Litespeed also has a retarded statistic bug that makes it slam our drives pretty heavy. I was able to fix that with a TMPFS mount but yeah.

We've had some cases with litespeed not reloading its configuration as well on that node, making it so some sites will report 503 since it doesn't have entries for it.

In this case, I do apologize since I'd almost say that nodes a bit cursed. It's getting exercised with the chassis & SSD swap, though. I'm confident in this since lv-shared02 & lu-shared01 don't suffer any of these issues, then again, they're on a different hardware configuration.

Francisco

• Well if you still want it.

I can offer a

50GB Raid SSD Server
    100GB Bandwidth
    Unlimited Everything Else
    cPanel / WHM

• Free WHMCS License

Reply to this to catch my attention! (And then PM me!)

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

Is it possible to move my reseller to lu-shared01?

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited February 2015

Well no offence to @Francisco but I think I'll take a miss on BuyVM until your problems are sorted which I wish you the best of luck with.

@makanenzo10 said:
    Well if you still want it.

I can offer a

50GB Raid SSD Server
    100GB Bandwidth
    Unlimited Everything Else
    cPanel / WHM

• Free WHMCS License

Reply to this to catch my attention! (And then PM me!)

Could you elaborate?

IThinkUFailed said: Well no offence to @Francisco but I think I'll take a miss on BuyVM until your problems are sorted which I wish you the best of luck with.

That's only on the first node we have and since it's pretty well full you're more than likely to provision to the 2nd one in LV or the one in LU, both of which don't have those quirks.

Either way, best to you on your search :)

Francisco

• Arvixe.com reseller hosting is best for you as per your requirement like SSL, DDoS protection, 50-100GB of diskspace, SSD RAID 10 Drives etc. And they are providing 20% discount on reseller hosting as per http://www.cheapsslcouponcode.com/store/arvixe.com

• @MaryJohnson said:
    Arvixe.com reseller hosting is best for you as per your requirement like SSL, DDoS protection, 50-100GB of diskspace, SSD RAID 10 Drives etc. And they are providing 20% discount on reseller hosting as per http://www.cheapsslcouponcode.com/store/arvixe.com

What's their protection like? What's their support like? I'm really after a host that will work with me. I'm after reliability and they've had the site since 2003 and it's been registered for 20 years which is a good sign.

• MaryJohnsonMaryJohnson Member
    edited February 2015

IThinkUFailed said: What's their protection like? What's their support like? I'm really after a host that will work with me. I'm after reliability and they've had the site since 2003 and it's been registered for 20 years which is a good sign.

I have not tried it, but you should check features of reseller hosting at http://www.arvixe.com/reseller_web_hosting They have very nicely mentioned....

• @MaryJohnson said:
    I have not tried it, but you should check features of reseller hosting at http://www.arvixe.com/reseller_web_hosting They have very nicely mentioned....

They don't use ssds they use 15k rpm drives. Did you sign up to just advert this because it looks like it...

I presume you work for them then.

• I too have a buyvm buyshared reseller account (in LU) and can't complain, works fine. Not sure about backups though.

• @IThinkUFailed said:
    Well no offence to Francisco but I think I'll take a miss on BuyVM until your problems are sorted which I wish you the best of luck with.

Could you elaborate?

All servers are hosted at BOXC Websites with 99% uptime. All servers are located in Pennsylvania USA. PM me if you wish to have more details.

• @makanenzo10 said:
    All servers are hosted at BOXC Websites with 99% uptime. All servers are located in Pennsylvania USA. PM me if you wish to have more details.

I just saw you only offer 100GB Bandwidth which although is well within what I use I don't want to be caught short one month or two but thank you.

• MaryJohnsonMaryJohnson Member
    edited February 2015

@IThinkUFailed said:
    They don't use ssds they use 15k rpm drives. Did you sign up to just advert this because it looks like it...
    I presume you work for them then.

Didn't sign up for advertisement. Just helping you. But they are offering SSD RAID 10 Drives. Check Reseller features

• @Francisco
    May I also move my reseller account to those more stable nodes?

@miki said:
    Francisco
    May I also move my reseller account to those more stable nodes?

Probably not since that nodes mostly fine. I think I nailed the big bug we've been having.

We've been having this long standing issue with quotas not registering properly. It was set properly on the filesystems and all that, it was just never completing its run. Well, that's been fixed and now because of that we got a bunch of people way over their space limits due to PHP error files that have piled up over the past year.

From what I can tell many of the people that were having issues likely also have these large error_log files around and when quotas would randomly work properly, it would throw people off (returning a 500/503 error on litespeed but nothing actually helpful).

I've got a find running right now to build a list of all error_log files and from there we'll likely do a mess scrub.

I was pretty confident that it wasn't a bug with the software, rather something not completing properly.

Francisco