Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issues with NodeQuery
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Issues with NodeQuery

Just noticed some strange issues with NodeQuery, its flagging servers as non responsive, but when checking they have been perfectly fine, its switching between the same 3 or 4 servers, but I cant find any other records of them being out or loosing connectivity to the Internet.

Im just wondering if anyone else has had any issues recently similar, or if I am on my own with this one...

Comments

• @SNetworks1 said:
    Just noticed some strange issues with NodeQuery, its flagging servers as non responsive, but when checking they have been perfectly fine, its switching between the same 3 or 4 servers, but I cant find any other records of them being out or loosing connectivity to the Internet.

Im just wondering if anyone else has had any issues recently similar, or if I am on my own with this one...

Same problem here. But already for month... I just set the options so i get notified when its down longer than 10 minutes. So i dont have any problems with it.

BTW: Most times its giving out false reports of my LES boxes

Thanked by 1SNetworks1
  • No, you're not the only one.

One of my servers is being flagged as being 'not responding', but is actually doing fine. Must be some problem at NodeQuery, I guess.

Thanked by 1SNetworks1
  • Maybe they can't catch up all the traffic from the servers?

Thanked by 1SNetworks1
  • Okay, Im glad I am not the only one having this, I just found it strange to be happening on a few server, with the others appearing to be fine. I guess I may just need to look to migrate monitors to a different setup... Lets see if this gets fixed any time soon.

• I have had the same problem. One Container on my proxmox gets marked down. Even though it's fine, and the host isn't maked down

• @CFarence said:
    I have had the same problem. One Container on my proxmox gets marked down. Even though it's fine, and the host isn't maked down

I have been having the issue with my Solus VM's, 3 will log as down, 2 are on the same host node (so obviously concerns me thinking the whole thing could be down) and a Ramnode one. When I look further, all is fine. It seems almost like one of their servers has gone screwy.

• @SNetworks1 said:

I moved a VPS that had node query one from a provider to my dedicated running proxmox. Node query marked it as down while I was moving it. Then it marked it up once I got it running on proxmox. Never changed anything in node query, I am wondering if the script they are using on my sever just sometimes fails to contact them. I haven't looked at the script, maybe it's something I need to look at. Right now it's just that one giving me problems, but I have had false positives on others

• I have noticed that sometimes as well.

Checking the logs, it seems to be a DNS server issue, due to online.net. I removed online.net's dns server, stuffed Google's back in, and all is well.

• I have seen a large number of false positives with it recently.

• same here

• Noticed the same issue here.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

With My 2 Boxes, it's constantly doing the same.

• I have the same issue here with my Digital ocean and LES VPS.

• I've edited the servers I'm tracking there to only report downtime on 2 missed intervals (6 minutes), because 1 missed interval results in multiple 'down' emails a day. If you switch it to 2, you'll probably only get emails when it's actually down.

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

Same issue here, I guess they are probing from a single location thus if there is any network which blink for a second between those routers, nodequery pick up as downtime.

Emailed them previously

• Never had problems with NodeQuery. I'm using the Perform an additional ping check to confirm the server is down option.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

It claims also, when the I/O is high, and that pushes the Load over 50% like 2 or 3 it says CPU Usage: 100% which isnt the fact.

• @Blanoz said:
    Never had problems with NodeQuery. I'm using the Perform an additional ping check to confirm the server is down option.

I have the same setup on all of my servers, however it doesnt seem to make a difference on the affected servers...

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

I have also noticed this on one of our dev servers. It says its down but its not! I also get quite a few emails telling me the CPU and Server load is 100%, when its not!

• got em too.. i guess their network / servers aint catching up with their 9000+ servers they are checking every 3 minutes.