Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suspend server after band with some limit
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suspend server after band with some limit

Hi
My server has been suspended twice for breaching bandwidth limits...Is there any way to shutdown the server before the limit is achieved manually by some script......

Comments

• Upgrade your server to a plan with higher bandwidth or purchase a bandwidth add-on package if available..

• ATHK said: Upgrade your server to a plan with higher bandwidth or purchase a bandwidth add-on package if available..

That does not answer OP's question.

Looks there's no such tool to shut down a VPS before using up all allocated bandwidth.

However I believe most of the providers using SolusVM and Virtualizor will send a notification to client warning bandwidth is going to be used up.

• @XeepiHosting_Joe said:
    However I believe most of the providers using SolusVM and Virtualizor will send a notification to client warning bandwidth is going to be used up.

Neither does that.. haha

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • What does the OP mean Suspend? If he used up all allocated bandwidth for this month, he can wait to the next month to use the server again.

Define Suspend?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

If its a SolusVM controlled server, enable the API, monitor bandwidth usage and shutdown the server.

• yes I was looking myself to code a php script that will perform an api request and check bandwith consumed against available and will simply send an email after the breach or it could perform exec('halt'); or exec('shutdown');
    Note: The server is not a production server so dowtime is not an issue...just getting suspended is one

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Use the API to shutdown the server.
    https://documentation.solusvm.com/display/DOCS/Functions

• Why not request your VPS to have more bandwidth or port speed limited from say 10TB @ 1GBit to unmetered 100mbit or 50mbit

• That still doesn't answer my question....One should receive email at 10 25 50 75 90 percent bandwidth usage....well in unmetered there is no such thing but in fixed bandwidth there should be a limit

• @noaman said:
    That still doesn't answer my question....One should receive email at 10 25 50 75 90 percent bandwidth usage....well in unmetered there is no such thing but in fixed bandwidth there should be a limit

I think emailing at 90% bandwidth usage is reasonable. Providers don't want to spam the users.

• Working on something for y'all :)

• Thanx if you are working on it....currently I have an app on Android to see status....

• @Pwner said:
    I think emailing at 90% bandwidth usage is reasonable. Providers don't want to spam the users.

Well said