Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raspberry Pi B+ as web host? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Raspberry Pi B+ as web host?

2»

Comments

• VitaVita Member
    edited February 2015

Just host the MySQL database somewhere else and disable logs for web server, so that your SD card won't die from lots of writes. I think Pi can handle ~100 users per day without a problem, maybe even more.

• Sure, PI can be a great solution depending on your project.

• @Vita, I think with a PI2 you can even run Varnish and use ram for even more users.

It might be better than a shared hosting solution for some cases.

• @raysmta sent you a present in PM :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited February 2015

TinyTunnel_Tom said: I just mounted my USB to /var/www

That's still not a complete solution. For example you should also ensure /var/lib/mysql is also there if you use MySQL. And also the OS writes to other dirs anyway, such as /var/log/*
    Maybe one simple step further for you would be to move all of /var/* to the USB disk.

• @rm_ said:
    Maybe one simple step further for you would be to move all of /var/* to the USB disk.

MySQL is offloaded to not needed. But as for your /var might be a better solution. Will trial it on a test pi