Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap CDN?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap CDN?

Hello,

What is the best cheapest CDN provider available? I'm using cloudfront and paying $17 per month (pay as you go). I'm looking for a cheaper rates. CDN77.com better? any advices?

Many thanks,

Comments

• Im guessing you already looked at maxcdn?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Two posts and no mention of the CloudFlare free plan?

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • ProfforgProfforg Member
    edited February 2015

MaxCDN is best in terms of price/quality as i know

• KeyCDN is really cheap but the minimum you need to pay is 20$ of credits.

• @Profforg CDNify is solid too, and get a bit more bang for your buck vs. MaxCDN. https://cdnify.com/pricing

@Joery $25 now - but OP is already paying $17/mo so..

@JoeBiss What zones are the most important for you? Lots of Asian traffic? That usually drives up the price and it's better to stick with someone like KeyCDN since they're flat rate or CDNify/MaxCDN.

• Thanks guys! Yes KeyCDN looks great. I have two websites (Europe/US for one, and Asia for another). Currently paid $17.5 last month for Amazon. I see $7 for this month's so far. So need to switch. I was using MaxCDN, it's good, but I don't like the "extra" zone. I have to pay $10/year for it and I need 5 zones or more.

Is KeyCDN something new? reputable company?

• @JoeBiss Reputable, been around awhile. Give the trial a shot, if you want an extra free $5 credit use this: https://www.keycdn.com/?a=3107 (affiliate link), we both get $5 (or ~125GB) free credit :)

• @mikeyur: Done ;) thanks. Hopefully it'll be good and not a lot of problems!

• @JoeBiss I've been using them since November for a few sites, no issue so far. Seems quite a bit faster than some other CDN providers I've used as well. What sold me was no per-zone fee & free custom SSL cert with flat rate global rate. Everyone else is like $0.0X for NA, $0.0Y for EU and $0.ZZ for Asia.

Thanked by 1elijahpaul
  • @mikeyur: Hopefully it'll be good. I was surprised by $17 from Amazon. It's good, but it's much more expensive that my shared hosting ;) I'm using CDN not to save bandwidth as I have plenty, but to make the website loads faster.

Thanks for the list of recommendations! Create my first zone now ;)

• @mikeyur are they dual stack yet?
    I remember them saying they were going to do it.. one day

• @AutoSnipe Doesn't look like it.. hmm

• @JoeBiss

So which CDN provider you selected?

I am also looking for one which doesn't limit domains (or have very low fees).
    I have about 10 domains with small usage. (may be less than 500GB/m for all)

• @Umair: I went with KeyCDN. Very good and cheap. Pretty good support too. Have it a go and you'll be satisfied!

Thanked by 1Umair
  • I have yet to encounter a CDN service that actually speeds up anything. Better set it up yourself.

Thanked by 3asf vimalware Jonchun
  • Who(CDN) serves India?

Indian ISP routes to Singapore PoPs can often go through AMS-ix. Only some South Indian ISPs route SNG sanely I think.

Time to check cloudfront's PoP list again.

• Nobody mentions Incapsula?

• ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep

What amount of bandwidth do you expect?

• @Mark_R said:

How would you go about doing that? I've been meaning to sign up for a cdn for a while but this seems like a more fun solution & a chance to learn (and a excuse to get more let boxes).

• @Remuz said:

A quick/basic tutorial on this would definitely be helpful for a lot of people.

• RemuzRemuz Member
    edited February 2015

@Jonchun said:

I'm properly not the best guy to ask for this. I've been thinking about a way of doing it but there are some problems with it. If you just connect a bunch of 128mb boxes together with something like unison and do geodns on "cdn.example.com" you have a barebones cdn. But how it'd compare to maxcdn and the like is beyond me.

This is the type of thing I'd like to figure out.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited February 2015

@Remuz said:
    This is the type of thing I'd like to figure out.

http://www.cedexis.com/

Example usage:
    https://github.com/jsdelivr/jsdelivr#contribute-performance-data

• https://portcdn.com/ - Pay as you go pricing - £0.06 per GB of Bandwidth - Pull CDN.

• @Remuz Get GeoDNS hosting or setup your own GDNS servers as well using bind or better gdnsd, get servers for the cdn, configure GeoDNS to resolve the same domain (like cdn.domain.st) depending on the IP location of the Client to the IP of the server nearest to the Client (that's what geodns actually is for) and then.. Manually sync all cdn servers using f.e. rsync or automate the synchronisation using cronjobs and rsync with key authentification. That's it ;)

• @JoeBiss have you decided to go with any other CDN service?

• surge.sh is free but I haven't been able to find info about the extent of their CDN.

Rackspace's Cloud Files CDN is top notch with edges in 200+ data centers. 1gb of file storage is 10c a month, and traffic is 12c a gig. Not as cheap as some of the other options, but rock solid performance.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @DeftNerd said:
    surge.sh is free but I haven't been able to find info about the extent of their CDN.

Nice one!

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

DeftNerd said: surge.sh is free but I haven't been able to find info about the extent of their CDN.

Note this page.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

+1 for CDNify