Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for whmcs alternative and easy to import and intergrate - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for whmcs alternative and easy to import and intergrate

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said: Its hardly a word/phrase that is thrown :) it is a descriptive one though, they are all in the same price bracket, that does not imply there are other price brackets just because the common 3 are in a similar price bracket.

WHMCS, Blesta and... what's the third one?

• @aglodek said:
    WHMCS, Blesta and... what's the third one?

ClientExec?

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @Jar said:
    By all means give it a shot, but I'll be waiting on the other side of 200 clients to say "I told you so" ;)

I'm going to go ahead and try it. I found whmcs to be terrible after a while. It starts sending random credit card declined emails to almost all my customers, and no one can figure out how to stop it. WHMCS support either ignores me or tells me that the problem doesn't exist. It's quite sad really.

As for blesta mass mailing, I have to admit that my customer base is not yet over 200, so I don't have this issue. However, I'll be sure to come crying to you when I finally hit that rut :(

Thanked by 1jar
  • Jonchun said: It starts sending random credit card declined emails to almost all my customers, and no one can figure out how to stop it.

That does not sound like a general issue, could be a incorrect configuration.

Our WHMCS experience is not bad, sometimes slow but works. You cannot rely on the official all the time, you always have to dig by yourself, which is defintely headache.

• @Jonchun said:

Hostbill is a more expensive alternative that works.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @OnraHost said:
    Hostbill is a more expensive alternative that works.

Yes a more expensive but worse support alternative.

• @nightvps said:
    So please let me know what is best, blesta? Looked at blesta but the itegration is outdated and is not working very well, 1st glance at blesta a little confusing but 1st time so that is normal i guess.

How it confusing don't you know HTML or CSS? Or too cheap to pay someone to do it for you?

@nightvps said:
    Free integration plugun?

You only need to follow a tutorial:

Or isn't that easy to follow?

@nightvps said:
    The importer throws up all kinds of errors and is for whmcs 5.2 i am using the newest whmcs, and whmcs is rubbish for people who are not making modules and just need help, i always end of fixing stuff myself.

Paul even said it's for 5.2+ because WHMCS hasn't changed any of their database structure.
    And even here some nice easy to follow documentation: http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/WHMCS+5.2 Oh no that's not in English..

@Jar said:
    No mass email, endless promise of "coming soon" for vital features like that. If you tell it to send plain text emails it sends html emails. If you tell it to use SMTP it frequently ignores you and executes PHP mail. Feels like alpha software as many of its features seem to be cosmetic switches that it then ignores the value for.

No Mass Mail, is that really a big issue in webhosting, don't you want support for selling webhosting, servers, domains or help with support or just a Mass Mail, everything is prioritized by how many people need it, at the moment the development list has everything removed and now assigned via version. Oh no... please rush development, and do a WHMCS... Oh yes we need another WHMCS! Full of bugs and exploits...

@Jar said:
    you'll never import it into WHMCS without hiring a developer

Oh no that's Blesta's fault isn't it, not WHMCS, who want you and you want to move back... Ask them not Blesta... Maybe you are this guy: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3732-moving-back-to-whmcs/

@SNetworks1 Said:
    I tried to migrate to blesta myself but there were strange issues due to the way I use the transactions lists in WHMCS giving some clients account credit, screwing up invoices and such.

That's not Blesta's fault WHMCS records transactions wrong and not accountant friendly is it? They also fixed the import to make transactions to make the totals match.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2015

Licensecart said: No Mass Mail, is that really a big issue in webhosting, don't you want support for selling webhosting, servers, domains or help with support or just a Mass Mail, everything is prioritized by how many people need it, at the moment the development list has everything removed and now assigned via version. Oh no... please rush development, and do a WHMCS... Oh yes we need another WHMCS! Full of bugs and exploits...

What are you going on about? That was probably the least helpful thing I've read in a long time. What matters is that vital functionality is available NOW, you can't run a business on "eventually." Vulnerabilities are a reality of the industry, WHMCS has been handling security very well these days, but I guess you wouldn't know that because you're here typing sarcastic rants in response to legitimate shortcomings of software.

I like how you point out "full of bugs" but ignore that I posted some pretty big ones for Blesta. At least WHMCS sends the e-mail I tell it to using the method that I instruct it to. I couldn't say that for Blesta.

Use Blesta all you want, but I'm just sharing my legitimate experience and I'm not the only one. Sarcasm doesn't fix bugs and neither does it add functionality that the software STILL lacks. The "promise" has been around for over a year.

Licensecart said: Oh no that's Blesta's fault isn't it,

Absolutely. Storing client data in a maze of tables with illogical ID references is definitely their fault.

If I didn't know better @Licensecart, I'd say you have a horse in this race. I don't. I'm just trying to be friendly and save people from the endless hours of work I've gone through for making poor decisions.

• @Licensecart said: No Mass Mail, is that really a big issue in webhosting, don't you want support for selling webhosting, servers, domains or help with support or just a Mass Mail, everything is prioritized by how many people need it, at the moment the development list has everything removed and now assigned via version. Oh no... please rush development, and do a WHMCS... Oh yes we need another WHMCS! Full of bugs and exploits...

Mass Mail isn't a big feature/issue??? I would say thetas a HUGE feature/issue in web hosting industry. Have you ever owned and operated a hosting server?

Thanked by 3jar 0xdragon Jonchun
  • @Jar said:
    Use Blesta all you want, but I'm just sharing my legitimate experience and I'm not the only one. Sarcasm doesn't fix bugs and neither does it add functionality that the software STILL lacks. The "promise" has been around for over a year.

That's a pretty big hole too. Thankfully for me, I have exim configured to use mandrill so it doesn't matter too much anyways.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I had a look at HostBill and it doesn't look bad at all. Thinking of trying it. Any other experiences?

@Traffic said:
    I had a look at HostBill and it doesn't look bad at all. Thinking of trying it. Any other experiences?

I know @drserver uses it and seems to do alright :)

• @Traffic said:
    I had a look at HostBill and it doesn't look bad at all. Thinking of trying it. Any other experiences?

HostBill seems to have no support, and if you look up some reviews, they've had price fluctuations of an owned license for $100 all the way up to $1000. They can't even decide on a price for their product, what makes you think any progress will be made? If @drserver has something to say though, I'd love to hear it.

• nightvpsnightvps Member
    edited February 2015

Jar said: Like was said before, if you can't afford $15 you cannot afford any unforeseen circumstance and therefore you cannot afford to run a business.

This reply i see a lot, if you can not afford this or that you should not be in this business, actually i can afford it very easly.. i just do not like paying more than i think i should be paying.

Right now i am staying with whmcs it is a good billing system but it is over priced and i want something cheaper but still with the same high quality as whmcs.

You do not get rich by paying more for 1 service that is cheaper elsewhere, it is like buying hosting from 1 company and another company sells the same package and same quality for a lower price. If you stay with the higher priced company then you must not be bothered about those extra cents or dollars coming out your accounts.

Thanked by 1jar
  • TrafficTraffic Member
    edited February 2015

@Jonchun Well, what makes me think it's a good alternative it's that they document the changes each and every week, and they release a new version containing them - each week. That's the thing, it's not "we're working", but you can actually see it. If you have a look you'll see every week they release new features.

Although I must say I had already seen those reviews regarding the pricing, but compared to others... at least it looks like they're fixing and developing its software faster. Or so it looks.

edited February 2015

Why not make a plugin to do this for people and make blesta the best panel why settle for anything less than the best? Helping people save money and time is a big factor in getting customers for any product, whmcs do not try to help customers in this way if they did and gave a more fair price and eg: free live chat plugin etc then there would be no one using blesta and other similar billing software / scripts.

nightvps said: This reply i see a lot, if you can not afford this or that you should not be in this business, actually i can afford it very easly.. i just do not like paying more than i think i should be paying.

I think that's fair.

Thanked by 1nightvps
  • 200.000 people every month paying $1 for a billing script is big profit, so when you say $16.00 is cheap i have to say it is not cheap at all.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Jonchun said: If I'm talking about a sport, and I mention the word "weight class", you automatically assume that there are different tiers available/existing. I'm just saying that using words like "price bracket" is completely unnecessary and inaccurately portrays the current state of billing systems for the hosting industry.

ok, like I said, I did not intent to confuse you. not looking for an e-tug of war.

• @Traffic said:
    Jonchun Well, what makes me think it's a good alternative it's that they document the changes each and every week, and they release a new version containing them - each week. That's the thing, it's not "we're working", but you can actually see it. If you have a look you'll see every week they release new features.

Although I must say I had already seen those reviews regarding the pricing, but compared to others... at least it looks like they're fixing and developing its software faster. Or so it looks.

Blesta has something similar as well. Check out http://dev.blesta.com/browse/

@Jar said:
    I think that's fair.

And for me, I don't want to be forking over money to a company that has enough of it anyways (IMHO). If Blesta works just as well/better, I'd rather support the underdogs. Obviously this isn't the entire reasoning, but just one of the many reasons I've decided to switch.

@nightvps said:

Please don't tell me you plan to start a webhosting business if you think website design integrations can be done in a one-size-fits-all plugin...

@OnraHost said:
    Mass Mail isn't a big feature/issue??? I would say thetas a HUGE feature/issue in web hosting industry. Have you ever owned and operated a hosting server?

I think the misunderstanding is that mass mailing IS a big issue, but it's not a big issue at the same time because there ARE alternatives. There's plenty of ways to export email lists and send announcements. Unless you're sending spam/mass marketing like crazy to your users, it shouldn't be a HUGE deal to export clients and send mail as needed for important announcements. Again, I would love the mass mailing as much as everyone else, but I"m just pointing out why it may not be at the top of their priority list.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @nightvps said: 200.000 people every month paying $1 for a billing script is big profit, so when you say $16.00 is cheap i have to say it is not cheap at all.

Where did you come up with the 200K users number from?

• Jonchun said: Please don't tell me you plan to start a webhosting business if you think website design integrations can be done in a one-size-fits-all plugin...

There a plugin for this for blesta but it is not free, actually i have 1000's of customers. Problem is moving to blesta is going to be hard.

• aglodek said: Where did you come up with the 200K users number from?

I made them up, just to get my point accross.

edited February 2015

nightvps said: 200.000 people every month paying $1 for a billing script is big profit, so when you say $16.00 is cheap i have to say it is not cheap at all.

Staff at $40,000 p/year + 23.5% employers tax and liabilities. = $49,400

30 staff = $1,482,000

Corporation tax at 20% each year, accountants fee's business costs, premises, own infrastructure etc is going to bump that by another 100k easy.

$1,582,000

They don't have 200k customers, perhaps 20k at the absolute most, I forget the figure from when the DB was leaked.

but at $1.00 p/month or $20,000 p/month that would leave them short by $1,242,000 or bust.

So lets say they dont have 30 staff, what would $1 p/month really afford them, well nothing as paypal fee's alone would eat the $1, so lets say everyone is in your magic world and paid $12 p/year and WHMCS got $10 of it.

That gives us a yearly working budget of $200,000. which would give them enough for 3 staff at the MOST a crappy office above a hair dressers and a few dedi's for the entire infrastructure and then you complain about support........

This is not how things work..... think about it, if you are going in to business and it sounds like you are I would be staying faaaaaaar away from you with this sort business rational.

Thanked by 1sambling
  • AnthonySmith said: That gives us a yearly working budget of $200,000. which would give them enough for 3 staff at the MOST a crappy office above a hair dressers and a few dedi's for the entire infrastructure and then you complain about support........

Now that sounds good to me! ^ > i do not need support.

Been in business for over 5 years, i was just giving a example, so 20.000 customers pay $6.00 or $7.00 a month each sounds workable to me.

but the example is completely twisted and structured just to make your point so it was in fact.... pointless.

anyway this whole thread seems to be a complete nonsense, I am out.

edited February 2015

AnthonySmith said: I am out.

Ok enjoy.

• Is the language really necessary?

Thanked by 1nightvps
  • OnraHost said: Is the language really necessary?

No but he is very naughty.

• edited February 2015

nightvps said: actually i have 1000's of customer

said: paying $16.00 a month

If my business had that many clients i know for a fact that paying for a monthly license fee is wasting money and moved to an actual branded or unbranded lifetime license would make sense from a business stand point.