Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap MySQL replication service -- 6-10GB DB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap MySQL replication service -- 6-10GB DB

I'm looking to get my MySQL DB's from 3-4 VPS locations to be replicated over a 15 mins delay to an ultracheap solution --- can someone suggest me something ?

The Db's in total are under <6 GB right now, but would scale a bit. So upto 10GB would be fine.

SQL as service is very costly right now, but I wanted to check if some LET providers are focussing on this.

I'm already considering setting up a cloud with lesser diskspace, but would love to have some other cheaper solution, something around $10/month ?

Thanks alot

Comments

• I too am looking for something similar, currently I just dump the DB and rsync it to a remote server.

• Hmm If they are around 6GB why not get another VPS? Or if your looking for backups the best solution is to run @PetaByet s http://cdp.me on a http://kimsufi.com

• @TinyTunnel_Tom, I already wrote "I'm already considering setting up a cloud with lesser diskspace" . Was just wondering if someone is offering something already for DB specific service.

• @mehargags said:
    TinyTunnel_Tom, I already wrote "I'm already considering setting up a cloud with lesser diskspace" . Was just wondering if someone is offering something already for DB specific service.

Mustnt have read that.

• MySQL replication service required management. You have to import the data, configure the master, and constantly monitor the replication progress. I'm afraid there won't be many providers who will do this.

And setup several replication servers on a kimsufi or similar spec VPS is quite easy, and cost effective.

Thanked by 1mehargags