Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Give away Netflix Smart DNS access
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Give away Netflix Smart DNS access

RamiRami Member
edited February 2015 in General

Hi everyone, I did install a smart dns server using @joodle tutorial http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/897324#Comment_897324 and I want to give you access to it if you want

To be able to get access you'll need to PM me with you IP or hostname (like:no-ip)

I'll keep server for 3-4 months and maybe more

Comments

• How are you going to handle dynamic IP addresses?

• @ATHK said:
    How are you going to handle dynamic IP addresses?

As I mentioned above you can use Noip.com

• No one interested :D

• Maybe if you didn't say it's temporary people would've been.
    Or those who need has their own already

• @Nomad said:
    Maybe if you didn't say it's temporary people would've been.
    Or those who need has their own already

OK, No limitation :)

• @Rami: Find a solution with which we don't have to block google nameservers at the router level and I'm sure there will be a lot of people interested in. I personally would even pay for it!

• @andrewn said:
    Rami: Find a solution with which we don't have to block google nameservers at the router level and I'm sure there will be a lot of people interested in. I personally would even pay for it!

Correct me if I'm wrong you mean not to block Google "DNS" 8.8.8.8-8.8.4.4?

If yes, the answer you do not have to do that it work just fine and I do not have to change any thing except the DNS in my PC or in my cellphone

• certain apps seems to have hardcoded google dns... also dns workarounds doesn't work with devices such as chromecast due to lack of SNI afaik....

• @EphemeralEclipse said:
    certain apps seems to have hardcoded google dns... also dns workarounds doesn't work with devices such as chromecast due to lack of SNI afaik....

Correct :) a Raspberry Pi can fix that though :)

• @ATHK said:
    Correct :) a Raspberry Pi can fix that though :)

A Pi on your home network? Does this cause any slowdowns on your network since it's USB 2.0? I've heard some mixed stuff about the Pi's networking ability.

• @im_jmz You can easily reach 50Mbps, should be plenty for streaming netflix.

Thanked by 1im_jmz
  • @linuxthefish said:
    im_jmz You can easily reach 50Mbps, should be plenty for streaming netflix.

Thanks, was curious.

• @EphemeralEclipse said:
    certain apps seems to have hardcoded google dns... also dns workarounds doesn't work with devices such as chromecast due to lack of SNI afaik....

AFAIK the Chromecast is the only one, not surprising tbh

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Xbox 360 doesn't support SNI either.

• RamiRami Member
    edited February 2015

Actually I used it only on PC,Mobile phone and Playstation 4 so I have no idea about other devices

• @Rami said:
    Actually I used it only on PC,Mobile phone and Playstation 4 so I have no idea about other devices

Works fine on Xbox One.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Well, if your router is Linux, you could redirect all 53 UDP outbounds to your DNS, right?

• @netomx said:
    Well, if your router is Linux, you could redirect all 53 UDP outbounds to your DNS, right?

You mean use it as your main DNS,right?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Rami said:

Yup. I read that Chromecast hardcoded the Google DNS and I suggested that :p

• @netomx yes sure it can be used as main DNS

But I do not know about Chromecast ;)

• For people which have Chromecast can you try this and let us know the result:

https://support.unlocator.com/customer/portal/articles/1284813-how-to-setup-chromecast

• It works fine on my Chromecast + Netflix :P

• @joodle said:
    It works fine on my Chromecast + Netflix :P

With the same method??

• @Rami said:
    With the same method??

Well.. The same method using a DD-WRT accesspoint @ my room. I just blocked Google's DNS.

Thanked by 2Rami netomx
  • RamiRami Member
    edited February 2015

New websites are now available thanks to @joodle & trick77 tutorials

Working sites: Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Pandora, spotify, NBC, crunchyroll, Yahoo screen, Vevo, Sonytv, Wdtvlive, Crackle, Uplynk, CBS, last.fm, mog, MTV, Syfy, PDS, Smithsonianchannel, Spike, Vh1, Sho.com(Showtime), CC.com and CWtv