Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12 month review of HostHatch.com - a really good provider.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

12 month review of HostHatch.com - a really good provider.

myhkenmyhken Member
edited February 2015 in Reviews

It's actually more then a year since I saw a good offer on LEB from HostHatch, for a smaller SSD OpenVZ server. I took the offer, and have used the server actively since that.

Please use my affiliate link if you are thinking about signing up, keeps my site running without any ads. https://portal.hosthatch.com/aff.php?aff=204

AS always the review is on my website also, with all my other reviews and benchmarks. And my Top20 benchmark list from the last 5 years.

Product/hardware/price

HostHatch offers servers in three different locations, LA, USA – Dronten, Netherlands, and Stockholm, Sweden. That will cover most of US, and all locations in Europe. They have really good connections, and their servers function very well.

They have four main product line as you can see over. Their OpenVZ and KVM series has all SSD disks. They have a High storage line if you need to store large backup files, and they have their 10Gbps VPS line (in the Netherlands) for any that need really fast connection out/in from their server.

Their lowest OpenVZ plan starts at $8/quarter and their next plan, with 512 MB RAM, 50 GB disk and 2 TB bandwidth, starts at $4/mo. Their KVM line starts at $5/mo, the same with their storage serie. Their 10Gbit plans is more expencive, starts at $35/mo for the smallest plan (1 GB RAM, 75 GB HDD, 5 TB BW).

They are using Intel Xeon E5 3.5Ghz+ CPUs on their OpenVZ and KVM line. And they are using Intel Xeon E3 on their 10Gbit line. So it’s good hardware, the servers is fast, their network is good, and the uptime is great.

Service/Support

Only used their support twice, and both time I got the first reply (not auto) within 10 minutes. First ticket was solved on under 10 minutes also. The second ticket took little longer to solve.

But my impression is that they have pretty fast support, and they do help you. Of course, remember that this is an unmanaged host, so don’t expect the world and that they always replies within minutes, and solve any issue you have.

Benchmark

This is from their $4/mo 512 MB RAM, 2vCores, 50 GB SSD disk and 2 TB BW. Not a high number on the benchmark, but still, it’s only $4/mo so I did not expect the highest result here.

As you can see the DD speed goes over 580 MB/s, but maybe they are using some cache or something, since the first command only gave 296 MB/s.

Network/uptime

I have 99.896% uptime on my first server there the last 12 months. Some of the downtime has been me doing some work on the server. But not a complete 10/10 on the uptime there. Still, very close to 99.9% that is the “standard” in the LET marked.

Conclusion

HostHatch is a solid provider, has been that for over 12 months for me. And it’s a bonus for me that they have a DC in Sweden, since I live in Norway. So I can etc. use the VPS for VPN or to fast upload and download files. For users in Europe, a 10Gbit server can give you really good speeds. (but the price is little to high on the 10Gbit line, but still, it’s 10Gbit connection to the world). I would recommend HostHatch to all LET/LEB members and other users that need cheap, but good servers, in the US, Netherlands or in Sweden.

And the owner is active here on LET with the user @Abdullah

Please use my affiliate link if you are thinking about signing up, keeps my site running without any ads. https://portal.hosthatch.com/aff.php?aff=204

Thanked by 1karjaj

Comments

• Very nice review, i use Hosthatch since several months and i agree with your point of view, their services are good for the price. I recommend also this company for a cheap and good vps.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Glad you also like them. For me the Sweden location is the best thing with them, beside good uptime, good network and good hardware/support.

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • HostHatch really worth to mention on LET. Their uptime is great too.

http://i.imgur.com/Ohlnjdf.png

Thanked by 1myhken
  • emtecroemtecro Member
    edited February 2015

Do they have ddos protection in sweden?

• bersybersy Member
    edited February 2015

emtecro said: Do they have ddos protection in sweden?

US and NL only to my knowledge.

• I've been using hosthatch for the past 2 months and I'm impressed aswell.

• maybe its time for a new LET offer @Abdullah also for ram upgrades :P

• @bersy said:
    US and NL only to my knowledge.

Yes, only in US and NL. Hope they get it in Sweden also, but I can think it's very expensive in Sweden, like her in Norway.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Thank you for the kind words guys!

@ehab said:
    maybe its time for a new LET offer Abdullah also for ram upgrades :P

Hopefully very soon :)

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Very good provider and very polite staff. As my website was too CPU intensive had to move but I plan to use hosthatch for my regular clients.

I never had any issue with them.

• edited December 2016

I've been testing some vps here in Holland the last week and I happened on HostHatch by googling and ended up finding this review. Thus I ordered a vps (location AMS), payed over paypal and still after 2 days it only says order is pending. I don't know if Hosthatch in general is a bit slow but I noticed there aren't many spiffy host providers in Holland that get you up and running quickly.

Plus the fact that Hosthatch advertises that there is always someone there to help:
    "We’re never closed--It’s the truth – we are a true 24/7/365 company. Send us a support ticket in your client area on New Year’s Day and we’ll respond to it within a maximum of a few hours."

So, I hope I get access soon.