Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[US] HostSumo | $4/monthly per 1GB RAM XEN! Join the XEN party!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[US] HostSumo | $4/monthly per 1GB RAM XEN! Join the XEN party!

JonchunJonchun Member
edited February 2015 in Offers

Hello! A lot of people have been waiting for the release of our new brand, and with great pleasure, I announce HostSumo.com!

General Information and Notes: Although HostSumo does its best to ensure a high quality experience for all of our customers, there are some MAJOR changes in the launch of this brand, and we may have some hiccups along the way! If you are affected by any issues as a result of our billing system change, website change, or VPS control panel change, please submit a ticket immediately and we'll get that fixed up as soon as possible!

We Offer

• Cheapest Xen Prices around
  • Incero Network (Clean IPs, Quality Bandwidth)
  • NO SPAM
  • No contracts! Pay monthly
  • Virtualizor! Tired of SolusVM? Check this out!
  • Dallas, TX

XEN-1

• 1 CPU
  • 1 GB RAM
  • 50 GB HDD
  • 1 TB BANDWIDTH
  • 1 IPv4 ADDRESS
    Price: $4/monthly using LETXEN1
    ORDER NOW

XEN-2

• 2 CPUs
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 100 GB HDD
  • 2 TB BANDWIDTH
  • 2 IPv4 ADDRESSES
    Price: $7/monthly using LETXEN2
    ORDER NOW

View More Plans

We are open to new plan requests, but we currently do not offer custom VPS plans. We offer a straightforward, 1GB RAM linear scaling system for our customers.

SMTP is DISABLED on all of these nodes. They can be opened and rate limited, but require prepayment of 1 year, and is only available for XEN-2 plans or higher. This is NOT for anyone looking to use as a mail server! Sorry!

** Although web servers are fine, please note that mail will NOT work, so unless you are granted SMTP opened IPs, or you plan to use an external SMTP service such as mandrill, please do not expect to be able to setup a shared hosting environment to sell to customers.

Port Speed is capped at 100Mbps, and scales up with our plans. We are currently tweaking this number to get optimal performance for everyone!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Regards,
Jonchun

Thanked by 1HuntersPad

Comments

• said: A lot of people have been waiting for the release of our new brand

What? Why?

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @jvnadr said:

Why not?

• Jonchun said: Why not?

OK, then! Right You Are (If You Think So)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_You_Are_%28if_you_think_so%29

• Location ?

• @bobyun said:
    Location ?

These are located in Dallas. I'll go ahead and update the thread to make it more clear. (Information is on website)

• Jonchun said: I still don't get it?

Well, I mean why does a lot of people waiting for your new brand. What was the expectations and what is so special that people is waiting your new company's launch? This is what I do not get. But, if it works, OK! Have a good luck and longevity with your venture.

• @jvnadr said:
    Well, I mean why does a lot of people waiting for your new brand. What was the expectations and what is so special that people is waiting your new company's launch? This is what I do not get. But, if it works, OK! Have a good luck and longevity with your venture.

I've had quite a few messages (not all on LET) requesting more information on cheap, Xen-based VPS. These are the lowest prices I've seen on the web, so there's that?

• @NodeKid said:

Good catch. Its fine for a web server. Just not if you're looking to send mail, or host a shared cpanel server that requires mail (unless you want to configure it with something like railgun /mandrill)

• Jonchun said: I've had quite a few messages (not all on LET) requesting more information on cheap, Xen-based VPS. These are the lowest prices I've seen on the web, so there's that?

OK, then. If there is public demand...

Now, because your price is really low for XEN and your service seem interesting, i have just some concerns. So, can you answer me some questions?

You say in LET thread that the server should not be used as a mail or web server: "This is NOT for anyone looking to use as a mail server or web server! Sorry!" What does that mean? If i buy your plan, I cannot use it to host my sites?
    Have to mention that in your TOS/AUP there is nowere anything about disabled smpt. You should add this there, too, not only in LET adv.

In your site you say that the maximum load should not exceed 1.0 . Is that means that if there are spikes for some minutes over 1.0, you will disable server? As an example, if I would like to move a site there and do some mysql restoration or backing up my site, there probably will be a bigger load than 1.0 for some seconds or a couple of minutes. Is this acceptable or not?

1.0 is the maximum continously load or user should not exceed, e.g. 0.5 for long period of time (a couple of hours or so)?

Last question: What is the server's specs? Is the allocated core a real core or a virtual one? And you should provide a test ip.

• So, are these XenPV or HVM? Couldnt even find Debian, not to mention Windows;)

• @noisycode said:
    So, are these XenPV or HVM? Couldnt even find Debian, not to mention Windows;)

These are XenPV offers. HVM will be available later upon request. Debian is available as a reformat option after ordering. (Just not available on the initial order form)

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited February 2015

@jvnadr said:
    Last question: What is the server's specs? Is the allocated core a real core or a virtual one? And you should provide a test ip.

Good questions and thank you for the input.
    1) I will work on setting up a Looking Glass right away.
    2) These are hosted on older but solid hardware. Specifically, E3-1230v2s.
    3) I was unclear about the web server. I'm editing that/rewording it as we speak. What I meant was that it wasn't a good solution for those wishing to install cPanel and sell shared hosting on our VPS. (as mail/smtp would be disabled). You're free to host websites if you wish!
    4) Updating our ToS now. It must not have updated to the latest draft which has this information available.
    5) The maximum load clause is being reworded as well. What this meant is that your extended usage should not exceed a full CPU core. Burst is allowed and you will not be penalized for short usages above 1.0. * Extended Usage refers to 1 hour or longer.

If you have any more questions or if I missed something, please let me know!

• @jvnadr
    The SMTP restriction has been placed here: http://www.hostsumo.com/legal#tos
    The CPU policy has been updated here: http://www.hostsumo.com/legal#aup

The original post has been updated to clarify the web server clause.

@noisycode
    I have added that we use Xen-PV here: http://www.hostsumo.com/xen

Thank you all for the interest and questions. I'll be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Then, ultimately, I won't be able to do anything :D Let's cheers. I'll pay money but I can't do anything.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Then, ultimately, I won't be able to do anything :D Let's cheers. I'll pay money but I can't do anything.

So you're saying you can't find a single use for a VPS other than using it to send email? (possibly spam) That's unfortunate...

Thanked by 2vimalware vimalware
  • @jvnadr
    Looking Glass is ready. Test Ip as requested.
    http://lg-dal.hostsumo.com/

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@Jonchun,

Congratulations on your launch. However you don't have cheapest XEN VPS on LET as you are stating in your signature.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @drserver said:
    Jonchun,

Congratulations on your launch. However you don't have cheapest XEN VPS on LET as you are stating in your signature.

Thank you. As for my signature, I'll edit it to reflect what I meant. It means cheapest Xen VPS pricing per GB RAM.

Jonchun said: It means cheapest Xen VPS pricing per GB RAM

Also not true

• @drserver said:
    Also not true

Could you link us please? I'd love to see an offer cheaper than what I'm offering.

Jonchun said: Could you link us please? I'd love to see an offer cheaper than what I'm offering.

PMed you, as i don't wish to steal your thread.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Wow! Looks like I was wrong! @drserver offers plans at the SAME PRICE (and maybe even cheaper!) Check his plans out at:
    https://drserver.net/drbill/index.php?/cart/&step=3
    ($7/monthly for 2GB RAM. Similar to our XEN-2 Plan!)

Thanks for not stealing the thread, but everyone around here knows who you are anyways. I don't think another mention here will hurt anyone ;)

Jonchun, thank you

• Nice extra IPv4.

@Jonchun :
    RAID ? soft/hard?

How much time does Virtualizor take to reload an OS template (assuming XenPV)

(I'm guessing you picked up a new license, so all the new feature goodies? :D )

Does Virtualizor allow self-service OS reload in HVM(PVHVM?) mode?

Or can I mount an ISO and do setup over VNC (I'm fine with this too)

My new deployment plan is to use Docker everywhere. No more OpenVZ VPSes.

Easy to backup and deploy instantly from a private repo.

• @vimalware said:
    Nice extra IPv4.

Jonchun :
    RAID ? soft/hard?

How much time does Virtualizor take to reload an OS template (assuming XenPV)

(I'm guessing you picked up a new license, so all the new feature goodies? :D )

Does Virtualizor allow self-service OS reload in HVM(PVHVM?) mode?

Or can I mount an ISO and do setup over VNC (I'm fine with this too)

My new deployment plan is to use Docker everywhere. No more OpenVZ VPSes.

Easy to backup and deploy instantly from a private repo.

RAID: At the current price point, I was unfortunately unable to fit in RAID on all the nodes. I can't guarantee you'll be on a box with RAID. Currently specs range from a single HDD to RAID 10 SSDs . (You will most likely be placed on a lower end box). I'll be working at it to try to incorporate a minimum of RAID1 for the future on all nodes!

Virtualizor OS Template Reloads: I've been seeing times as little as 10 seconds. It feels really really fast! This is through prebuilt templates in XenPV.

ISO/VNC Setup: I will have to look into this for you. I did not do too much HVM / Virtualizor research yet as I was interested mostly in PV. However, In the case that self-service isos are not available, I'll gladly help you out with any custom iso required.

Docker: I've glanced at it. I wanted to get into Docker hosting as well, but there were already a couple major players who seemed to be offering it for pennies/for free. Your thoughts? Any suggestions/requests for someonewho may enter the docker market?

What will I do if everything is limited ?? At other Provider, I have continuous load of 2.00-2.50 all the time on a $7 Monthly Xen Box, they have no Problem at all but you are enforcing to keep user load 1.00 highest. Port 25 is blocked for SMTP, many others don't have this limitation. Also, I had no problem about IP Blacklisting in last 3 Years (Production Box).

You're telling that it's the cheapest one. It's totally wrong in LEB, Yes, I mean it, it's totally wrong. There are plenty of companies/brands offering more cheaper.

Most of the provider is giving out 1 Gbit/s shared Network Speed on the boxes, you're capping that to 100 Mbit/s.

I can't find a Single Logical Reason for which you're thinking that yours one is Better than others. Stop false advertisement.

edited February 2015

And for that Quality Bandwidth from Incero, there are thousands of DC around the World. Nobody can say that Incero's Bandwidth is only having quality. FiberHub, NForce (Amsterdam), Phoenix Nap, QuadRaNet, SingeHop, GoRack, WebNX everyone is reputable.

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    What will I do if everything is limited ?? At other Provider, I have continuous load of 2.00-2.50 all the time on a $7 Monthly Xen Box, they have no Problem at all but you are enforcing to keep user load 1.00 highest. Port 25 is blocked for SMTP, many others don't have this limitation. Also, I had no problem about IP Blacklisting in last 3 Years (Production Box).

You're telling that it's the cheapest one. It's totally wrong in LEB, Yes, I mean it, it's totally wrong. There are plenty of companies/brands offering more cheaper.

Most of the provider is giving out 1 Gbit/s shared Network Speed on the boxes, you're capping that to 100 Mbit/s.

I can't find a Single Logical Reason for which you're thinking that yours one is Better than others. Stop false advertisement.

1) That level of load is probably on lower powered processors. Our policy is there to protect abuse and to keep the servers stable for everyone using them. It is EXACTLY the same as RamNode's policy on CPU usage, and there's nothing wrong with that.
    2) You have 2.00-2.50 on a $7.00/monthly box. We offer a 1.00 cap at $4.00/monthly. Pricing is very similar. Not sure what your issue is. On top of this, these are on E3 nodes meaning each core is more powerful.
    3) Port 25 is blocked for SMTP. If you need SMTP, you can prepay or submit a custom request that will be worked out individually. Sure, other providers might not have this limitation, but you're also more likely to get a blacklisted IP from said providers. Our networks are clean, and we do everything to try to keep it that way.
    4) Where do I say that it's the cheapest one? I had it in my signature for less than 2 minutes, but as @drserver mentioned, his company does similar pricing as well. I promptly removed it and replaced it with a more appropriate advertisement. Still, our pricing goes as low as $3.50/GB ram on a XEN platform (dedicated ram) which is almost unbeatable. If you're looking for something cheaper, there has to be a catch somewhere else.
    5) We have our ports capped to 100Mbps because these are low end boxes that have no need for a full Gbps port. In return, it keeps the ports more stable for EVERYONE on the node while sacrificing very little in terms of quality. In the rare exception case that someone needs a larger cap on a LOW END box, we'll be happy to discuss this.

HostSumo runs a tight ship. Sorry if you're not happy with it, but it is what it is. If you have any more questions about the service, feel free to ask.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • JonchunJonchun Member
    edited February 2015

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    And for that Quality Bandwidth from Incero, there are thousands of DC around the World. Nobody can say that Incero's Bandwidth is only gave quality. FiberHub, NForce (Amsterdam), Phoenix Nap, QuadRaNet, SingeHop, GoRack, WebNX everyone is reputable.

I've never claimed Incero is the only quality bandwidth provider in the world. Not sure where you're getting these ideas.