Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opportunity - Come and help build the next CloudCommando innovation!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Opportunity - Come and help build the next CloudCommando innovation!

0xdragon0xdragon Member
edited February 2015 in General

Hey guys,

So as per my post a couple weeks ago in the C'est pit, I'm looking for someone (or multiple people) to help build the next CloudCommando innovation.

Here are some of the things I'm looking for:

• Sysadmin experience.
  • Ability to automate things, whether that be by Saltstack, Ansible or anything else you could possibly use. Good old shell scripts are an amazing tool!
  • Familiarity with different virtualization and containerizing technologies.
  • PHP/MySQL experience (or other web stacks, NodeJS/Rails/whatever your poison) are perfectly fine.
  • Willingness to learn.

These positions are in a casual telecommuted start-up-based environment where you get to see a product through it's life-cycle of being developed, launched and maintained!

If you're interested, please send me a PM on LET with a link to your resume (this can be anything you've worked on, as well as some general information about yourself). You can upload this onto OneDrive or Google Docs.

This is a community project, so please, if you're at all interested, apply. You never know where it could take you! :)

Thanks,
0xdragon.

Thanked by 2dgprasetya cassa

Comments

• Can you define innovation in this case? Perhaps a general direction of where you want to push this project.

• I have experience installing Observium and can scale it spread accounts across multiple installs. Where do I apply?

• @black said:
    Can you define innovation in this case? Perhaps a general direction of where you want to push this project.

It's a unique product that is similar to the rest of CloudCommando's ideas.

@kcaj said:
    I have experience installing Observium and can scale it spread accounts across multiple installs. Where do I apply?

This isn't an Observium thing :)

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • Just curious:

1. Is this a paid tele/part-time job? or
    2. Is this an open source project?

Thanks.

• Good luck in finding someone! Looking forward to hearing about it in the future!

• @bookstack said:
    Just curious:

1. Is this a paid tele/part-time job? or
    2. Is this an open source project?

Thanks.

Startup project for people to gain experience, and if successful, obvious benefits :)

• 0xdragon said: Startup project for people to gain experience, and if successful, obvious benefits :)

Free tacos?

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Best of luck in your hunt @0xdragon, we can always speak on Skype if I can be of help!

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @Nekki said:
    Free tacos?

Only the homemade, healthy not-actually-a-minced-rat-in-a-bun sort of tacos :)

• 0xdragon said: Only the homemade, healthy not-actually-a-minced-rat-in-a-bun sort of tacos :)

I'll take mine vegetarian pls.

• Now I'm hungry... dammit!

• @wych said:
    Now I'm hungry... dammit!

Go and make yourself a taco :)

• 0xdragon said: Go and make yourself a taco :)

Is 10:30 too early for a Taco?

• @Nekki said:
    Is 10:30 too early for a Taco?

Any time of the day is perfect for a taco!

• @Nekki said:
    Free tacos?

Where? I could eat some tacos.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • mpkossen said: Where? I could eat some tacos.

@0xdragon is sending us all money for tacos apparently.

That was what the thread was about, right?

• I would probably glad to learn new things but don't have any familiarity with PHP/MySQL but have good hands on bas scripts ;)

@Nekki said:
    0xdragon is sending us all money for tacos apparently.

Kind of bribe from providers ?

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Sady said: Kind of bribe from providers ?

Sod free VPS', I want Taco bribes.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @0xdragon , Should I pay your taco bill? :P

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Idk about you guys but I went and picked up my own tacos. Didn't feel like waiting anymore.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

never tired taco in my life before, but after today, i will make one, found good guide how to make your own premium grade taco. I must admit this is 1st ever forum topic in general which will maybe change my life. After 1st taco nothing seems to be like it was before. Strange feeling, maybe even some fear...

• @0xdragon

Ok this went way off topic lol, would docker be a ok choice for your current offerings?

I think a docker offering for routing/hiding a ip would be cool.

Also how about a el-cheap-o email to sms service (just pay $5 a year and users can use this service to verify there customers, in a way this is a good choice due to its almost impossible for a customer to use a online sms service to verify them)

also how about a platform for twilio or plivo so providers like @GoodHosting who have no net for long periods can call a land line number to check on any downtime or support requests.

I have more ideas but I am half asleep.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • drserver said: Strange feeling, maybe even some fear...

Do not fear the taco, embrace it!

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • The first and the last time I ate a taco was back when I was in Korea and I didn't like it. So, paying with tacos is a no-no for me...

But if you want an avarage user with avarage shell experience, count me in.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Nomad said: The first and the last time I ate a taco was back when I was in Korea and I didn't like it. So, paying with tacos is a no-no for me...

What?

Korean tacos?

You can't judge the almighty taco if you've only eaten a korean one.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Kbbq tacos are delicious too soooo

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Are Tacos the ones with a giant Dorito shell? I prefer Fajitas

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @Jonchun, I beg to differ, unfortunately I found foreign food in Korea to be, let me mildly say, not good.

@Nekki, well not all of us have a Mexico next to our country to enjoy Tacos (:, One's gotta try whatever option they have.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • JonchunJonchun Member
    edited February 2015

@hostnoob said:
    Are Tacos the ones with a giant Dorito shell? I prefer Fajitas

You're thinking taco bell.
    You want something closer to this

@Nomad said:
    Jonchun, I beg to differ, unfortunately I found foreign food in Korea to be, let me mildly say, not good.

Nekki, well not all of us have a Mexico next to our country to enjoy Tacos (:, One's gotta try whatever option they have.

KBBQ tacos aren't exactly a korean thing. It's generally popular in the US (particularly Southern Cali). Food truck item :)

Thanked by 10xdragon