Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sentora panel 1.0.0 is released - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sentora panel 1.0.0 is released

2»

Comments

• Glad to see this released! I'm install this a and see how stable it is :).

• @Me_B said:
    We just release sentora 1.0 panel.

Respect for your work Sentors team. keep up good work :) i'll give it a go

• @Me_B, as you can see there's alot of negative feedback while referencing to zPanel. I'd suggest you folks to stop advertising yourself as a fork of zPanel - at least on this forum - and focus on quality code, fixing bugs reported by users asap and possibly 3rd party audits. The rest - eg community appreciation - will come nevertheless.

• @Blanoz I checked for 3rd party audit already but didn't found any company that can help. I got once referred to SektionEins but it require a LOT OF MONEY and time! while the code is public. If you have any hint you are welcome.

We try our best to fix any bugs/flaws while it require a lot of time from the team.

I know this forum had very bad opinion over Zpanel/sentora I don't try to convert the people hear but I would like to hear the feedback and how the project could be improved and if we missed any bugs/security issue.

M B

Thanked by 1Blanoz
  • As someone who hasn't the foggiest regarding zpanel, would someone care to briefly outline why it was so bad?

• @elijahpaul said:
    As someone who hasn't the foggiest regarding zpanel, would someone care to briefly outline why it was so bad?

Security.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • edanedan Member
    edited February 2015

@MSPNick said:
    Security.

Can you point it where is the security hole with this version? the latest zpanel version is safe actually so what version you are using?

Definitely I will change the panel if someone can find the security hole with the latest version and not fixed until today (zpanel or sentora). Seems people judge it because of the old version and not the latest version.

• ZPanel are one of the first CP I was use when I learn to host website on a VPS. I was really like it back then, it was easy and quite pretty. And then I learn more, and start to leave Control Panel thingy.

I am happy if Sentora / Zpanel project are continued. I personally never have any problem when using it back then (regardless any security issue, or what not).

Maybe before people starts bashing them, let's give this Sentora project a chance. As long as the team are fully dedicated and listen to the community feedback, I think they'll gonna be great (I hope) :)

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • Everybody point security without pointing any hole or clear issue... It's security mainly due to past issues. "We" made our own bugs and we also inherited others from 3rd party software we use like RCE from RoundCube in 10.1.0 (Zpanel) that WE IDENTIFIED and disclosed. Give me one control panel that didn't have issues?

Also some ISP banned zpanel use 6 month's after we issue 10.1.0 > 10.1.1 patch. Most users are new to sysadmin and forget all about keeping panel updated.

The team is having an announcement section in forum that update thru RSS into the panel to keep them update, twitter,facebook,security mailing list. Should you blame the team if you don't update your panel? I got users asking about updating 10.0.2 a release made over 2 years again and having 2 CVE reported flaws ( 3 updates since then)!

On my side I see the team care over security & even bugs, and we are ready to make within 48h patches/fixes as no software is secure. But it's boring some time when you work hard for weeks for free and all you got is free/baseless bashing.

I Won't bring on more over security without facts here. If you have something to point I will be more than happy to ping the rest of the team.

M B

Thanked by 2Blanoz DarioX
  • what software you used to write the documents ?
    i mean did you use mediawiki or something like that ?

• Me_BMe_B Member
    edited February 2015

Which documents?
    http://docs.sentora.org/ ? not using mediawiki, I'm not in charge of docs. Is there an issue over that?

Thanked by 1MSPNick
  • 50505050 Member
    edited February 2015

@RockBeltHOST said:
    what software you used to write the documents ?
    i mean did you use mediawiki or something like that ?

Hi,

The doc.sentora.org subdomain is a small piece of php/mysql/javascript soft I wrote entirely from scratch with internal use of ckEditor and kcFinder once logged in as author.

At begin, I was searching a tool not too much expensive that would be able:

• to write documentations for Win32 application (including management of keywords, ID, hidden topics, etc),

• to be very easy to handle for unexperimented people

• to be used from anywhere with handle of page opened by two authors at same time.

I found a few tools that was juged too much complex by customer, so I writed a very simple one that matched perfectely what he needed, with no exclusive use. Then I extended it to be used as online doc website and added ajax to decrease server load, report tool, etc...

• DorkfilesDorkfiles Member
    edited February 2015

oh......

• I first suspected it was a heavily modified myBB cut-up ;-)

@5050 said:
    I found a few tools that was juged too much complex by customer, so I writed a very simple one that matched perfectely what he needed, with no exclusive use. Then I extended it to be used as online doc website and added ajax to decrease server load, report tool, etc...

• Is there any way to migrate from zpanel to Sentora?

• @Kodis said:
    Is there any way to migrate from zpanel to Sentora?

Currently no, but a script is cooking in the kitchen. :)

• Any eta for the migration script?

• Are you developing a WHMCS addon for Sentora?

• #

Welcome to the Official Sentora Installer 1.0.1

#

-e
    Checking that minimal requirements are ok
    Detected : Ubuntu 14.04 i686
    sentora_install.sh: 60: sentora_install.sh: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting "then")
    root@server3:~# sh sentora_install.sh

#

Welcome to the Official Sentora Installer 1.0.1

#

-e
    Checking that minimal requirements are ok
    Detected : Ubuntu 14.04 i686
    sentora_install.sh: 60: sentora_install.sh: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting "then"

• 50505050 Member

@qwerty11 : no. (we are all overloaded from job outside sentora... :-( )

@Fazzil : I have already read something at zpanel time, but I have no idea if something is going to be created or adapted for sentora. I can only tell that it would not be expected from the team.

@noaman : very strange.
    1) the "-e" in "-e Checking that minimal requirements are ok" should have been intrepreted. Why is it echoed ???

2) the command echo "Detected : $OS $VER $ARCH" echoes "Detected : Ubuntu 14.04 i686" ; so $OS = "Ubuntu" and $VER = "12.04" and $ARCH = "686"

=> I have no idea why the IF conditions evaluation at line 60 fails. It is :

if [[ "$OS" = "CentOs" && ("$VER" = "6" || "$VER" = "7" ) ||
    "$OS" = "Ubuntu" && ("$VER" = "12.04" || "$VER" = "14.04" ) ]] ; then
    echo "Ok."
    else

We checked Ubutu minimal ISO from ubutu website and on D.O. May be you are with a customised version ?
    But here is not an easy place to discuss of it (no notification), I invite you to open a thread on the sentora forum.

• Sentora's panel looks sexy as fuck shame there's so many vulnerabilities(or at least what most people are saying)

• sinsin Member

@Me_B said:
    Everybody point security without pointing any hole or clear issue... It's security mainly due to past issues. "We" made our own bugs and we also inherited others from 3rd party software we use like RCE from RoundCube in 10.1.0 (Zpanel) that WE IDENTIFIED and disclosed. Give me one control panel that didn't have issues?

Also some ISP banned zpanel use 6 month's after we issue 10.1.0 > 10.1.1 patch. Most users are new to sysadmin and forget all about keeping panel updated.

The team is having an announcement section in forum that update thru RSS into the panel to keep them update, twitter,facebook,security mailing list. Should you blame the team if you don't update your panel? I got users asking about updating 10.0.2 a release made over 2 years again and having 2 CVE reported flaws ( 3 updates since then)!

On my side I see the team care over security & even bugs, and we are ready to make within 48h patches/fixes as no software is secure. But it's boring some time when you work hard for weeks for free and all you got is free/baseless bashing.

I Won't bring on more over security without facts here. If you have something to point I will be more than happy to ping the rest of the team.

M B

It's going to take time to repair the reputation/security history but if you guys continue to focus on security and take it seriously then after awhile I'm sure more and more users will migrate to Sentora. Sentora is still very new and I'm sure that most users want to wait awhile before going with the Sentora Panel until they are sure it has a bright future along with good security practices.

Keep up the good work though :)

Thanked by 1russainvps