Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with using NAT to have several Hyper-V VMs on one IP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help with using NAT to have several Hyper-V VMs on one IP

Hello. I always get so good help here, that I ask, before I start searching after guiden (I have search but did not find any good ones right away).

It's simple. I have one server, on IP. I'm using Hyper-V on the server, and have created my first Windows VM now.
Lets say this will only be used for FTP

I will also setup a Linux VM (CentOs 6.6 64bit) there I want to host some websites. Don't need mail, DNS, but need remote access to MySQL and FTP access so Virtualmin can upload backup files and take backups.

How to I do that. Starting with the Windows server (win2012 R2), then the Linux server.

Comments

• Well you will need use a router/firewall solution. http://nakedalm.com/run-router-hyper-v/

Thanked by 1myhken
  • seems complicated.

• @myhken said:
    seems complicated.

Host runs internal network for vm's then the host firewall routes ports to the internal range.

@aggressivenetworks said:
    Well you will need to run a router/firewall solution.

Pretty much

Thanked by 1myhken
  • It looks complicated due to amount of steps. I found that guide which seem fairly easy compared to others. But that would be the fun of it to learn!

• @aggressivenetworks yeah, always fun to learn something new. I have a Kimsufi KS-3 server that I'm testing on, and I have it for a month (if I don't pay €15 for next month also) My plan is to learn how to use NAT, so I can use it on my Hetzner server if I run of IPs (since I only have three extra IPs there. More, double the cost of the server since I have to get their Flexi pack + subnet)

• I did once this with using a virtual switch.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @pbalazs123 - I tried to many settings to get my VMs online, one of them cloning the MAC. Not a good idea, my server has been offline since, also after a few hard reboots.
    So new image is on it's way on the server. and thats OK, for I was just finished with my newest 2012 R2 image, with Norwegian interface, and lots of my normal software preinstalled. So wanted to try this out anyway. It works on Kimusfi and Hetzner servers. Just a clean 2012 R2 install on a Vmware Workstation, and do the work, then follow Joodles guide to transfer it to a FTP server, then download it from Rescue. Perfect.