Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current experiences with best transit/peers to&from China ISPs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Current experiences with best transit/peers to&from China ISPs?

Would those with direct experience in China attempting to access USA content (servers, websites, vpn, everything)....

Who are the current higher performing transit/backbone lines and to which Chinese ISP?
I've been hearing that for the good part of 2014 -- basically everything had turned to shit and there was no real solution.

What type of network mix in Los Angeles would you want to see to hopefully help deliver you stable high performance?

Any input?

Comments

• belinikbelinik Member
    edited February 2015

China telecom and China unicom, PCCW China optimized service comes to mind.

• @belinik said:
    china telecom and china unicom themselves.

Not true unfortunately

• halczyhalczy Member
    edited February 2015

American Internet Services in San Diego via XO Communication.

EDIT: Using China Telecom.

• @halczy said:
    American Internet Services in San Diego via XO Communication.

That makes completely no sense and seems like random spam.

• halczyhalczy Member
    edited February 2015

@ItsChrisG said:
    That makes completely no sense and seems like random spam.

jeez...just answering your question and now I'm a spammer.

Anyway, back when Reversehosts was hosted with Calihop/AIS, I was able to get 80Mbps out of 100Mbps using China Telecom during peak. The transit AIS used was XO Communication. Still getting similar speed with SoftLayer via XO right now.

• belinikbelinik Member
    edited February 2015

@ItsChrisG said:
    Not true unfortunately

If you can get non saturated line with them then they are the best option, granted it will cost you arm + leg. that is why many provider who advertise those peering have terrible connection to them, because they oversold the capacity. I used to have a chance to use a private circuit and it was flawless.

When you ask someone a question please don't shoot it down unless it is obviously false.

• nullnullnullnull Member
    edited February 2015

XO is indeed a good choice.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Buy direct Pacific Wave peering, it will cover around 45-50% of mainland connectivity, mostly academic networks. Second option lease dark fiber to HK or SG and setup peering there.

• I don't think that such a thing as dark fibre over the ocean can be bought anywhere. It's always lit fiber, you buy a lambda or some transport service / VLAN.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

@rds100 - it was just example :)

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited February 2015

Psychz offer us Asia Optomized IPs where they have some type of direct peering(Not 100% sure) with China Telecom.

So you might wanna contact Psychz and see what they can suggest.

• @clamhost said:
    Psychz offer us Asia Optomized IPs where they have some type of direct peering(Not 100% sure) with China Telecom.

So you might wanna contact Psychz and see what they can suggest.

ChinaUnicom....

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited February 2015

@ItsChrisG said:
    ChinaUnicom....

My bad.

How ever Psychz peer directly with unicom and have no issues when other upstreams have saturation. they mostly reroute around the saturations.

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited February 2015

I'm more looking for actual Chinese users to reply back... they will have the best oulook.
    CT and CU, even direct ports have been having horrible issues for a while now.

There is no single 1 provider as a cure, you have to continually shift traffic between networks -- I'm looking to see who are currently the better off ones that arent being plagued to often by congestion/ddos at this moment (which will change as soon as people hear they are better, and everything moves to it -- continuing the circle).

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

PCCW is quite good to Asia

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Awmusic12635 said: PCCW is quite good to Asia

They are good to CU but CT is still lacking. We're still looking into a better option for that.