Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WTB: second hand servers - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WTB: second hand servers

124»

Comments

• earlearl Member
    edited August 2012

@Alex_LiquidHost said: @earl An l5420 serevr can be assembled for 200$ or around 300 with double HDDs.

I meant buying a new server like the Dell R210 / R410 with similar specs to the used HP..

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@earl said: I meant buying a new server like the Dell R210 / R410 with similar specs to the used HP..

Dual quad l-series will most likely outperform R210, no matter that they are older. As far as I can see the r210 comes most likely with Xeon 3xxx series, which get outperformed by the dual quads on cpubenchmark.

Thanked by 1earl
  • anyone knows about Great Lakes Computer? glcomp.com? They seems to have some Proliant Dl165-G7, just wondering if they are legit?

• earlearl Member

Actually I just found this offer from serverstadium.com, unfortunately you have to be a reseller!

Link to WHT offer

Xeon Quad-Core 5420

• 16 GB DDR2 RAM
    • 500 Gig HD
    • 10000 Gig B/W @ 100mbps Port
    • 4 IPs
    • Linux Operating System
    • Free Remote reboot
      Price : $50/mo
  • @earl said: Actually I just found this offer from serverstadium.com, unfortunately you have to be a reseller!

I have seen this one for a while too, the reseller part is really strange, I am not sure why. But honestly, if you want to do something like this, spend half an hour to put up a quick website "selling" servers and you should be all ready to go right? It is not that difficult?

• earlearl Member
    edited August 2012

@zhuanyi said: spend half an hour to put up a quick website "selling" servers

True.. but just seems like a lot of work!

would be better if someone who had an account at serverstadium resell to fellow LET users without marking up the price, that would be nice..

• I've resold a few servers through them (Server Stadium), they've got good connection speeds, and they sometimes mess up and give you better hardware than what was ordered. Just don't expect instant support, support usually takes around 2-12 hours to resolve an issue. (Ie. KVM, OS reloads, etc.) Markup usually lies in support (Most clients expect quite a bit).

@earl If you're interested in using a server through them, hit me up.

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member

@Wolf95

Thank you for the offer.. I will definitely keep it in mind..