Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

@FawMic Scammer and Thief
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

@FawMic Scammer and Thief

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep
edited February 2015 in General

So @FawMic had a post this morning looking to sell his WHMCS license.

The guy ripped me off. So beware this douche nozzle. God the internet... where shitty people can finally shine.

WHMCS confirms he's full of shit... Wow super annoying.

Comments

• I guess... I told you so?

Thanked by 4ATHK netomx wych Jonchun
  • Tl;dr: There are scammers on the internet.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Yeah I should have known....... god what a piece of shit this guy is. Added screenshot from WHMCS

• I fell for this too :( I got my money back though, PayPal dispute closed and refunded within minutes.

@rmlhd Yeah this fucker must have seen me coming. I sent the money as a gift so he didn't need to pay fees on it. Downside: Can't dispute it.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@agoldenberg said:
    rmlhd Yeah this fucker must have seen me coming. I sent the money as a gift so he didn't need to pay fees on it. Downside: Can't dispute it.

If anyone ever asks you to send a payment as a gift something is wrong. I always pay a couple of dollars more to cover fees if they don't want to pay them.

@trewq he didn't ask me to. I did it to be nice. So I fucked myself there.

Thanked by 3Chuck Mark_R gihan
  • I have a very unique set of skills (from the movie taken). Sorry for the loss man. I feel the pain!

• Guys I cannot believe you fell for this. It was so obvious and it was a new account! Which I wrote under his post as first comment!

@kerouac Nothing was posted under hist post when I saw it.

• @agoldenberg said:
    kerouac Nothing was posted under hist post when I saw it.

really? when did you check it?

is the administration in on this perhaps :P :D

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

What a prick. Sorry that happened to you man. There's so many friendly people here that this place always ends up being a reasonable platform for scammers to find victims. I'd say let's give him hell but we all know it's surely a fake name.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • tl;dr: always ticket the respective company beforehand with any relevant details to make sure the license is valid and transferable.

On the plus side though, judging by the screenshot at least he does own a valid license? :D

Thanked by 1Mark_R

@MrObvious his license is valid but not transferrable in any way shape or form and WHMCS is essentially telling me tough shit. If there is any justice in the world this douches dick would fall off and he'd die a slow and agonizing death.

• @agoldenberg I think you missed the joke, sir.

• The image is of a guy called Michael Fowler studying at Columbia University, but as to whether this was the person who you transacted with, thats another thing. You can also see this image here: https://plus.google.com/114439218494145826138/posts

Yeah I posted his skype profile above.

• Wao! Jonny GVH in your skype contacts.

• @MarkTurner said:
    The image is of a guy called Michael Fowler studying at Columbia University, but as to whether this was the person who you transacted with, thats another thing. You can also see this image here: https://plus.google.com/114439218494145826138/posts

the scam is probably done by some guy who hates this guy :D

@agoldberg

I think you're in Canada and this guy is in the US. You can easily mess with him with legal means, and if there's an investigation the real scammer -if not him (probably not)- would be found.

BTW what was your method of payment?

@kerouac PayPal however I sent it as a gift trying to be a nice guy. So that the seller didn't have to pay any fees. Had no idea... He really sold it on Skype acting paranoid and whatnot.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@agoldenberg keep a record of everything and file a police report.

• irmirm Member
    edited February 2015

You're able to dispute gifts by the way as far as I know. I sell some gaming services on the side (boosting) and normally have buyers pay as a gift just to protect myself as much as possible and i've still had disputes against me and even lost a few even though they paid as a gift.

Open a dispute, call PayPal and provide them the info and hopefully you'll be ok.

@irm I tried to open a dispute says I cant because it was sent as a gift.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2015

IP logged into Skype: 77.233.71.70 (mobile, dynamic, no harm in posting as attacking it would not be very helpful or fruitful)

Should be helpful for telling you what authorities to contact and whether or not they would be helpful. Maybe contact their mobile provider and lobby for them to take action for fraud/abuse on their network [email protected]. It's a long shot but it sure doesn't hurt.

• That's an IP from some estonian telco it seems.

Good news: That'd strongly hint at malevolent criminal intention (the a--hole actually being in canada or usa). Bad news: I'm afraid the authorities won't/can't do much.

@agoldenberg Bad thing with that a--hole. Sorry for you. Good luck to you.

Sall good. I'm not too worried about it. Just want to make sure nobody else gets screwed. It was a $100 lesson. I learned it.

Thanked by 2FrankZ Mark_R
  • If you call paypal and explain the situation and state others have had the same occur to them they may end up helping you.

Anyway best of luck and at the very least it's a lesson learned

• LeeLee Veteran

He was a day 1 poster, I deleted his offer twice and told him he would be banned If done again which he was.

Never buy from ppl just registered.

• License holders are not permitted to “borrow”, “lend” or “sell” licenses to any third parties except in the case of Owned License Transfers as detailed later on in the agreement. Any licenses found to be being used in this way will be revoked without recourse.

WHMCS Limited reserve the right to refuse service at their discretion.

That being said... Always get a WHMCS License from a reliable source.

@dalekofskaro it was supposed be an owned license......