Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a cheap Dedicated (20 Euros) in Central/West Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a cheap Dedicated (20 Euros) in Central/West Europe

MultiMulti Member
edited February 2015 in Requests

Hello,

today im looking for a dedicated server located in Western/Central Europe (Germany, France, Netherlands, ...). Im going to store some files to download (around 350 GB at the moment) (roughly 1,5-2 TB of Traffic from these per month), some small websites (below 10 visitors per day), a teamspeak server (150 users max) and maybe a small minecraft server (pretty much no mods and <10 users).

So this dedicated needs 500GB+ HDD, 100 MBit/s connection and atleast 5TB traffic.

I guess my only chance is the Dedibox XC 2015, but is the Intel C2750 capable of running a minecraft server?

Thanks for suggestions.

(Edited, wrong user amount. It would be less then 10 users on the minecraft server)

Comments

• @Multi said:
    I guess my only chance is the Dedibox XC 2015, but is the Intel C2750 capable of running a minecraft server?

I had one as a MC server for a while and it held up fine, but I didn't go overly crazy on plugins/mods.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited February 2015

Only provider i know who offers this under 20€ is servdiscount.com, btw what you want, west/central Germany as in post or Europe as in the title?

Thanked by 1kerouac
  • MultiMulti Member
    edited February 2015

@wych said:
    I had one as a MC server for a while and it held up fine, but I didn't go overly crazy on plugins/mods.

How many users were you running on the server? I would just use Spigot and maybe 1-2 lightweigh plugins.

@Frecyboy said:
    Only provider i know who offers this under 20€ is servdiscount.com, btw what you want, west/central Germany as in post or Europe as in the title?

fixed. Sorry, i meant Europe. Online.net would be possible.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

The 20 EUR one http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france
    is sometimes in stock, though not currently.

• @Multi said:
    How many users were you running on the server? I would just use Spigot and maybe 1-2 lightweigh plugins.

10 on tekkit and usage never concerned me.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@wych said:

Depending on the tekkit version, tekkit is pretty heavy.

• wychwych Member
    edited February 2015

@matthewvz said:
    Depending on the tekkit version, tekkit is pretty heavy.

Build Type: Tekkit -
    Version: 1.2.9e

• You could just split that between few VMs.

• @Maniac said:
    You could just split that between few VMs.

Thats what im doing at the moment. But its quite annoying. I would like to keep it at one place.

• @Frecyboy said:

i m on let for yeeeeaaarrrsss how am i hearing this one for the first time??

• Kimsufi has their KS-3 will fill your need and more. €14.95/mo + VAT (if you live in EU)
    Not any stock right now, but just check their page some times each day, and then there will be stock.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2015

Hello,

We can provide xeon 3000 / 4GO / 1TO for 19.99€ / M

Connection speed is 100Mbits with no cap.

For more details you can pm me or go to https://express.ikoula.com/en/dedicated-server

Have a nice day

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited February 2015

@Frecyboy said:

Holyshit, they have some good deals - are you a customer?

EDIT: found out who these guys really are; think I'll give it miss, even if that is a spank-tastic price for an i5.

• @Nekki said:

Interesting deals indeed. Anyone here have a server with them?? How is their network ?

• Umair said: Interesting deals indeed. Anyone here have a server with them?? How is their network ?

It's actually Webtropia, so read up on them. I think it's a case of buyer beware.

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited February 2015

@Nekki

I was a customer of some other brands (gameservers) of MyLoc (the mother company of webtropia, servdiscount ...) for couple of years, and was satisfied so far, just cancelled them cause i don't need them anymore.
    However, heard they even offer a test server if you send them a mail to [email protected].

I don't had a ddos (cause i used them mainly private with a couple of friends), but in german forums they write their ddos protection can't even hold a 500Mbit/s / 100kpps Synflood, so it's seems to be just a null route.

I have to get a dedi this week, and gonna get one from them when they have the i7 3770 +32gb Ram + 2x120GB SSD offer for 40€ again, then i can report. ;)