Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you prefer companies that only deal with VPS hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you prefer companies that only deal with VPS hosting?

winstonwinston Member
edited August 2012 in General

I wasn't sure how to word the title but I thought of something that I wanted other peoples opinions on. No, I'm not starting a company or anything, I just want to know if I'm a freak or not. Anyway, the question...

If you were looking for VPS hosting, would you be more willing to go with a company that only does VPS hosting, versus another company that may offer shared and dedicated hosting as well?

Personally, I'd choose the company that only does VPS hosting - I think it's peace of mind that the support will (should) always understand the issue. For instance, you could end up getting a support tech that deals with shared hosting when your VPS is having issues - and I just wouldn't want to deal with that. Maybe I'm missing something - I don't know, but I thought this would be an interesting discussion.

Oh and I didn't search LET before posting this, but only because I'm not sure how to word the title, so sorry if this has already been discussed.

Comments

• Personally i think i've never had to open a support ticket with the companies i have a VPS from, so...

• @winston said: For instance, you could end up getting a support tech that deals with shared hosting when your VPS is having issues - and I just wouldn't want to deal with that.

We get around that by having separate support techs for each product we sell.

• @Damian said: We get around that by having separate support techs for each product we sell.

it's funny that you replied to this (at least by your signature) because following a link to IPXcore made this idea pop into my head.

• Indeed, it's costing us, at minimum, about $150/week, but it's well worth it.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Damian said: Indeed, it's costing us, at minimum, about $150/week, but it's well worth it.

How many servers do you have and with how many issues do you deal with monthly (something estimated)? As it is costs me a lot less, but I operate only 1 server for shared hosting.

• For me it doesnt matter if they only sell vps or not. I go by the provider's rep