Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I contact to FraudRecords? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How can I contact to FraudRecords?

2»

Comments

• @KuJoe

What a constructive attitude. Compliments!

Well, in our times many couples indeed have different names and often even separate appartments/addresses.

To summarize it somewhat, the problem behind those issues is that many providers and their staff take indicators as proof.
    Yes, very different addresses are an indicator, possibly even a strong one, for fraud. But they are just that, indicators, yet they are often treated as proof. The disadvantageous result for the provider is lost business, for the - falsely! - black-painted customer, however, the result may be devastating!

And tell me, what keeps a provider who is disgruntled by, say a deservedly negative review, away from black-listing the reviewer as fraudulent?
    Which leads us to the second major problem: Such a system must not commit the error of failing to verify and check providers and their entries. But from what I know, they usually do. This is almost hilarious in a strange way as the very raison d'etre is to protect (but only one side) from wrong information and, more generally fraud.
    You see my point? "We do not trust the indicted but we quite blindly trust the indictor".

And again, that system can be used properly and probably is by responsible and reflecting players like yourself. But it can also - and doubtlessly is - grossly abused by braindead, personally pi--ed of suupport bots.

Let's put it this way: How would you like customers to create a "evil providers info system" where they can put any whatsoever weird accusation without much of a proof and, that's important, without 99% of you providers knowing about it, let alone having access to that info about you?

With all due respect, but I'm afraid you're making a considerable error assuming that most providers - and their staff! - act as responsibly and reflected as you do.

Thanked by 2Mark_R aglodek
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited February 2015

KuJoe said: spammers will open a ticket immediately asking for rDNS instead of spending the 30 seconds looking for how to update it themselves

I always have to ask before purchase, because 99.99% of the providers strangely don't manage to put up a list with features. In general I ask a lot of suspicious questions, e.g. "do you use fraudrecord" or "what is the usual abuse procedure".

Just because I like being well informed. (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@bsdguy I agree with all of your points and I always tell people to use FraudRecord in conjunction with other tools. Basically FraudRecord is the last tool I check and I only make a decision based on the results from it if one of the following occurs:

1) The client already had red flags prior to viewing the FraudRecord report.
    OR
    2) There are reports from different providers where we prefer to err on the side of caution.

Your last sentence actually has me thinking of a possible solution that I originally was 100% against and fought strongly to avoid but maybe it's worth discussing with Harzem. I won't bring it up here because it usually results in lengthy arguments (mostly from myself) and I don't want to derail this topic more so than we already have.

@4n0nx pre-sales is one thing and while suspicious questions do raise some flags it shouldn't be a reason to deny service. I will tell you if somebody does open a pre-sales ticket asking about DDOS protection and we specifically tell them to order one of our DDOS protected VPSs and they do not, we will promptly refund their payment and terminate their service if they attract an attack and it brings other clients offline since they were warned ahead of time and they knew they were going to get an attack.

• Is there really that many fraud reports concerning rude customers? I don't know why you would want to be rude to your provider...I would imagine that if you're respectful and nice to your provider then maybe they'll be willing to go the extra mile to help you in the event that you have an issue. If I ever get frustrated with a host I just leave and find a new one.

• The problem is FR only lists bad experiences. An acquaintance of mine, had his VPS hacked, and was used to spam. Despite using the VPS for over an year, the provider added a FR calling him a spammer. He has used various providers with good experiences over the past 10 years (which went unrecorded) and now that single FR entry will haunt him.