Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodhosting help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Goodhosting help

TranzaTranza Member
edited January 2015 in Providers

Since i take some long to get a ticket response from this guy, i hope i can get an answer here
@Goodhosting.

On january 19 the system sent me the invoice for the next month and i promptly paid for it. For some reason i still got my service interrupted as it says i didnt pay the invoice. I asked you by a support ticket and i got a generic answer

Hello, As posted on our Twitter; an Update is available on this issue:

To clients in CHI-1: Open a Support Ticket, and we will give you an account on CHI-2 to make your new instance in, to get you online faster!
If you are already on CHI-2, simply please re-create your instance using OpenNebula.
See:

>

Can you kindly check my case insted of sending generic msg, what if my vps is not on the affected node?, i also replay you back this

Can you please tell me whats going on?, please create the account on whatever server it's, and help me get my windows vps online fast. i got bunch of work to do.> and i havent receive an answer yet, i got bunch of work to do and is being 10 day since my vps is off.

this is the support ticket #OVC-4926-CWU i opened.

Comments

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited January 2015

said: and i havent receive an answer yet, i got bunch of work to do and is being 10 day since my vps is off.

A lot of people seem to have this problem. This is the ~5th thread I have seen here.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
  • This is not good for them in the last days some bad threads here. I think they have a trouble with one server so give them some time.

• Another one

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand another GoodHosting thread. Doesn't seem very Good to me

• Awaiting for a very long post from goodhosting once again. Whats the excuse this time?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

He took a break? :)

• @Goodhosting i thinck is not good for you

• edited January 2015

The ticket is clear about issues on chi-1, which was a disk error. They started to do a fsck on the storage system. Because CHI-2 had more customers, they brought CHI-2 back first. If you are on the Metricloud domain, you are on CHI-1. Ask in the ticket for a migration to CHI-2. CHI-2 has fully recovered and I have provisioned a few things on it.

Thanked by 1GoodHosting
  • Seems to be a classical case of: There's problems, real problems. Being a good guy Goodhosting works like maniac on the problem. Which is well intended and sounds reasonable.

But: Holy rule of crisis - Communicate!

The customers aren't in the colo, the can't see the work done, all the efforts. All they see is that their service is dead and that they don't know much more.

So again: Make damn sure to communicate.

• We are currently handling all open tickets slowly and steadily as we work towards a solution to this matter. We are aware of an issue affecting clients in the CHI-1 location, as we reported in the other thread; as well as our Twitter and in response to all Support Tickets recently opened. We are still silvering the first 6TB data-store in the CHI-1 location at this time. We have offered our clients move on to our new CHI-2 location, which uses all new hardware and software editions (with many new and exciting features!)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited January 2015

@GoodHosting

Maybe I'm crazy but you know what I'd do, knowing that quite some of your clients are here at LET? I'd open a thread myself rather than having worried threads cooking here for hours until I see them.
    I'd open a thread like "GoodHosting - info and updates" and I'd pro-actively put a situation report/update in that thread from time to time.

And, again I might be crazy but I think that actually many customers (and customers in spe ...) would think "Wow. That guy is cool. He's damn transparent and tries hard to communicate and to keep his customers up to date" ;)

Thanked by 3vimalware aglodek bersy
  • Still no nothing solve from this guys, @goodhosting do you mind taking 10-15 minute of your time and solve my problem?, im having bunch of trouble with my customer and all of my tools are stuck on the vps...

• @Tranza said:
    Still no nothing solve from this guys, goodhosting do you mind taking 10-15 minute of your time and solve my problem?, im having bunch of trouble with my customer and all of my tools are stuck on the vps...

only thing I can say is, update your ticket, add dateline for a resolution. if nothing gets done, you'll probably need to crack your head for alternatives.

• Tranza said: im having bunch of trouble with my customer and all of my tools are stuck on the vps...

Your VPS was terminated due to "non payment", correct? Has it not been deleted entirely by now?

• @4n0nx idk, i paid the invoice the same day it was due, sent these guy a support ticket asking why my service was terminated even when i paid, they sent me a generic mail and till this day i havent be able to recover my vps access. I just dont know what else to say to my customers since all of my tools, document everything is on the damn vps and i havent got a solution from goodhosting. It only takes a few minutes for them to solve this issue, but this guy doesnt care about customer service apparently.

• wychwych Member
    edited February 2015

I agree @GoodHosting should give a resolution in the support ticket but @Tranza why do you not have backups?

If a VM is terminated it usually means your data is gone.

• @wych said:
    I agree GoodHosting should give a resolution in the support ticket but Tranza why do you not have backups?

If a VM is terminated it usually means your data is gone.

http://cdp.me works well

• Tranza said: idk, i paid the invoice the same day it was due, sent these guy a support ticket asking why my service was terminated even when i paid, they sent me a generic mail and till this day i havent be able to recover my vps access. I just dont know what else to say to my customers since all of my tools, document everything is on the damn vps and i havent got a solution from goodhosting.

:( I don't think you will get your VPS back. It seems unlikely that they keep suspended VPS's for 2 weeks. Unless they were aware of the problem and did something.. but wouldn't they have responded to the ticket then?

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    http://cdp.me works well

If you like that sort of thing...

• 2 weeks is too long !!!!

• The vps isnt delete since till yesterday i could log on to the opennebula panel and the vps image was there, but since they were having problem on that node i couldnt turn it on. It just a matter that they make me a new account on their new server and help me move my vps to that new server, that wouldnt take more tha 15 minute from their time to solve this issue.

I got a response from Damon itself asking for my paypal payment id even thou;it was even on the first msg in the support ticket, i dont know why he wanted it again...

@Goodhosting , just make me a new account on your new CH-2 server and tell me how to move my vps to that new server and that's , i bet that wont take more than 10-20 of your time.

I have patient but i got bunch of my customers starting to think im a scammer.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

If the disks holding your current vps are rebuilding or getting "fixed" in any other way they are inaccessible and GoodHosting can't move your vps.
    He can probably create you another one but you would have to recover from a backup. You do have backups, don't you?

• Alright, everyone that was still missing out on their CHI-2 accounts have had new accounts created for them (those that had open Support Tickets with us, as per the instructions that were laid out.)

Please wait up to one hour to receive the information, as you should receive an E-Mail confirmation.

• @GoodHosting

In the future, please notify people before doing a restart - would probably prevent people from being in a panic after instances in chi-2 start shutting themselves down

• @StartledPhoenix said:
    GoodHosting

In the future, please notify people before doing a restart - would probably prevent people from being in a panic after instances in chi-2 start shutting themselves down

We did on https://twitter.com/GoodHostingCo , but yes; we're working on a better notification system so that people have a means of telling from the panels themselves. The VMs went into state "Suspend" , then "Resume" automatically after some five minutes.