Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100GB Bandwidth per day is ok?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

100GB Bandwidth per day is ok?

Hello.
Am running a Voip software and it uses 90-110GB bandwidth per day! You think ill not get suspended in a unlimited vps deal?

Comments

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited January 2015

@BuyAds said:
    Hello.
    Am running a Voip software and it uses 90-110GB bandwidth per day! You think ill not get suspended in a unlimited vps deal?

If it's actually "unlimited", you shouldn't unless you're saturating the port.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

no.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited January 2015

Interesting, what kind of VoIP software uses so much bandwidth? A single voice channel (64kbps) running 24 hours a day will generate only 691MB per day. Double it because it's full duplex, but still 90-100GB sounds like hundrends of voice channels running at the same time 24/7.

• you'll be okay, since your host has unlimited bandwidth. Why they care for 110 GB/day? It's nothing. ;))))

• So, you're using roughly 5mbit constantly in both directions? That seems fine to me.

• You always could open a ticket and ask your provider if it's reasonable to burn through 110GB/day if it adds more confidence for you.

• I'd be more wary of providers offering "unlimited" than worrying if i'd get suspended..

• Its only around 3TB/month. So no worries if you're on unlimited plan.

• Check the providers TOS/AUP, there's bound to be something in there about acceptable bandwidth usage.

Around 3TB per month isn't really too much.

• Thank you guys. Now i can breath better :)
    Ill open a ticket and ask now.

• I eat 100GB for my lunch. I would suggest getting 1Gbps unmetered.

• @ECNetworks said:
    I eat 100GB for my lunch. I would suggest getting 1Gbps unmetered.

I would suggest you keep quiet unless you know what you're talking about. Why would he need 1Gbps unmetered? Not everyone gets thousands of dollars allowance money from their parents, Joseph.

Thanked by 2netomx XuHi
  • Inheritance bro. I'd only get money from my parents if they where alive.

• Cool story 'bro'

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@ECNetworks said:
    Inheritance bro. I'd only get money from my parents if they where alive.

Please, please, STOP.

Thanked by 3Ishaq chrisp Dylan
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@BuyAds said:
    Hello.

Are you sure it's the VOIP software that is actually using all that bandwidth? Not some other application?

Thanked by 1BuyAds
  • Never known any VOIP software to use that much bandwidth, that's just extreme.

• 3x voip softwares + some others.

• Sorry for this ultra nooby question. But I more and more read that you use your VPS for this voice over IP servers. But what can you do with them?

• I host a mumble, TS and ventrillo server on my dedicated machine. I also have gmod, tekkit classic, CS:GO and other games. I never run out of bandwidth (1Gbps unmetered xD) Although I use a massive ammount. But thats mostly from the side of the gameservers. The voice servers use barely anything, even when jamed full of players.

If a voice server like teamspeak 3 is using alot of bandwidth try changing channel settings to reduce the amount of network it would use. Helps.

• That are 3100GB per month - If you pay around 15-30$ for the VPS this should be realistic traffic to expect from "unlimited".

• If you're hosting gameservers or voice servers or anything people may be connected to other a long period of time (or short one, but the servers having to constantly send out updated data) Then it's probably a best idea to get unmetered bandwidth of atleast 250Mbps. SYS provide this.

• @trexos said:
    Sorry for this ultra nooby question. But I more and more read that you use your VPS for this voice over IP servers. But what can you do with them?

I think that more nooby question is yours that what can be done with voip.

• I know what voip is, but I don't understand why you would need a vps for that? As your own answering machine?

• Well... Not really. Some people use VOIP for game servers (like teamspeak) and a VPS doesn't need much ram/cpu to run this application but more bandwidth and network.

• @trexos said:
    I know what voip is, but I don't understand why you would need a vps for that? As your own answering machine?

http://appscrip.com/whatsapp-clone-wechat-clone-script/#

• @ECNetworks said:
    I eat 100GB for my lunch. I would suggest getting 1Gbps unmetered.

That would be completely unnecessary and a big waste of money.