Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Make a simple game for idle LEB's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Make a simple game for idle LEB's

pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
edited January 2015 in General

I noticed a thread recently with a few people mention they weren't fully utilizing their boxes.

Perhaps we could develop a community game based loosely on the way bitcoin works, there will be no currency involved, just bragging rights.

It could be a simple script to retrieve the idle time and list them on a website, users could get ranked based on utilization (Or rather under-utilization)

Or it could be a little more fun and have it geoIP, then the servers could be added to fight the zombie invasion or something (More vps's in a single area will fight off stronger)

Anyone want to add ideas?

Poll
  1. What style17 votes
    1. Vps qty based rpg kingdoms
      23.53%
    2. CPU powered AI battles
      17.65%
    3. GeoBased Defence
      35.29%
    4. Simple utilization ranking
      23.53%

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Maybe a bowser based rpg that requires more mips to expand your empire.

edited January 2015

We could develop an ai script that can fight against another ai and the most powerful would win :P (CPU etc)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2015

I don't have really idea (5am here), but this could be fun.
    Just be careful with ideas - too many of them can sometimes ruin things. Keep it simple :)

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Do it!!

• I'm sure someone will cheat or send fake data to the game server.

Thanked by 2hostnoob Mark_R
  • I'm down to code one. I'll get started in a bit :)

Thanked by 1pbalazs123
  • IdleRPG for Idle LEBs? I'm in.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited January 2015

@pbgben @serpahkz @spirit @gunter (tagged those interested)

I'm currently working on the following: Tell me if there's anything I should change/am missing! This is a basic setup for now.

• You create an account
    • You sign up for a country (Vps Location does not matter for now)
    • You add your VPS to it. Will need to use some type of key auth system
    • You host Provided Script and the system will verify output
    • The more available CPU you have, the more points you contribute to your country

:: Current formula takes idle time and multiplies it by a function of your # of cores to generate money

Your country needs to generate enough money to defend themselves from attackers. (I'm going with the defense idea)

I'm thinking, the system would work in terms of waves. Every ___ amount of minutes, there would be a new wave of attackers, costing a little bit more money than the previous wave. Any country not able to generate enough money drops out. Last Country to remain going "wins", and you get a "win" record. Your account also has a total money generated counter which is the total money you have contributed by all your VPS.

Example Profile:

pbgben
    Wins: 10
    Total Earnings: $45,103

Am I making this too complicated? It sounds simple enough in my head, but it's so hard to get out into words.

Thanked by 2Spirit Mark_R
  • 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited January 2015

@Jonchun said:
    pbgben serpahkz spirit gunter (tagged those interested)

I'm currently working on the following: Tell me if there's anything I should change/am missing! This is a basic setup for now.

• You create an account
    • The more available CPU you have, the more points you contribute to your country

:: Current formula takes idle time and multiplies it by a function of your # of cores to generate money

Your country needs to generate enough money to defend themselves from attackers. (I'm going with the defense idea)

I'm thinking, the system would work in terms of waves. Every ___ amount of minutes, there would be a new wave of attackers, costing a little bit more money than the previous wave. Any country not able to generate enough money drops out. Last Country to remain going "wins", and you get a "win" record. Your account also has a total money generated counter which is the total money you have contributed by all your VPS.

Example Profile:

pbgben

Am I making this too complicated? It sounds simple enough in my head, but it's so hard to get out into words.

Sounds awesome! Make it open source please :)

Would also be great if there were groups or teams.

@Jonchun said:
    pbgben serpahkz spirit gunter (tagged those interested)

• You create an account

Example Profile:

pbgben

Dude, that's awesome.

• @0xdragon said:
    Would also be great if there were groups or teams.

For the second release after I finish the core functionality, I was thinking of a similar system where on top of using predefined countries, there's a signup period where users register their own countries and others can add their VPS to support it.