Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to make VPS anonym?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to make VPS anonym?

Hey,

I have a question. Is it possible to hide the real IP adress of my vps? If somebody wants to whois my domain, I dont want that they will get the real IP of my vps. I thought at cloudflare, but it doesnt hide everything or you reverse it with some tools.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• reverse proxy / gre tunnel.

Thanked by 1emre22
  • wych said: reverse proxy / gre tunnel.

>

is it slowing down the speed of my box extremly?

• @wych said:
    reverse proxy / gre tunnel.

Can you refer me some tutorial to setup reverse proxy

Thanked by 1emre22
  • @emre22 said:
    is it slowing down the speed of my box extremly?

Not really, latency yes; throughput not usually. Also depends what your trying to do...

@icry said:
    Can you refer me some tutorial to setup reverse proxy

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+to+setup+reverse+proxy&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=I7_KVKu5A_HH8gekg4CQAQ

• VitaVita Member
    edited January 2015

Cloudflare can hide your IP if you setup DNS records correctly.

This works in case you run only the web server.

If you set your domain as in the picture above, no resolver can find your real IP.

• @Vita Just a reminder, if you go that route, then you need to ensure that your server doesn't leak the IP, e.g. in error pages

• Cloudflare is essentially a reverse proxy ;)

• VitaVita Member
    edited January 2015

@jemaltz said:
    Vita Just a reminder, if you go that route, then you need to ensure that your server doesn't leak the IP, e.g. in error pages

Yes of course, It's a recommendation to disable all info that apache2 shows if you use it. I mostly use nginx, with default config it works out of the box.

You are right, you need to be sure about those things.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that CloudFlare has Smart Errors enabled by default, so your server info won't get leaked unless you intentionally leave phpinfo() or have some script that shows your servers info.

• @Vita said:
    You are right, you need to be sure about those things.

Thats what I was talking about :)

So gre tunnels all connections and pages? So nobody cant leak something like with cloudflare?

• Cloudflare - it's free and easy to use.

Thanked by 1bashed