Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Domflow is spamming my inbox!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Domflow is spamming my inbox!

In 2 days, 9 messages about my "low credit" in my account from Domflow! I have almost 4 euros, an amount that can last 2 more months, but since Tusday Domflow is sending a mail every 6-8 hours to... remind me about the low credit!

Comments

• wychwych Member
    edited January 2015

@seflow ?

edit: nope I mean @matteob

• Now if only you could set filter rules on gmail. Oh wait...

• @4n0nx said:
    Now if only you could set filter rules on gmail. Oh wait...

Or have a custom option in the panel for reminders?

• 4n0nx said: Now if only you could set filter rules on gmail. Oh wait...

Which is somewhat missing the point. He shouldn't have to do so in the first place. 3 reminders a day is excessive.

• wych said: Or have a custom option in the panel for reminders?

Yeah :( Unfortunately all websites behave that way. They send you promo offers and the unsubscribe link doesn't work, their sites get hacked and you will receive spam,..

I just give each site its own alias and use postfix filters to filter messages none of the users on my server wants to receive anyway (amazon student promotion mails that you cannot disable for example).

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2015

4n0nx said: Now if only you could set filter rules on gmail. Oh wait...

I do not want to filter messages from a provider I use. If there is an important message, then, I will miss it. Other than that, Seflow - Domflow has a very good and reliable service, but in the last weeks, I get freequently emails from them either mistaken or something like spamming.

As of low credit (it is not so low, with 5 euros I can have 2 months of LEB) they can reming me once a week or something.

• jvnadr said: I do not want to filter messages from a provider I use. If there is an important message, then, I will miss it.

You can just filter "I fondi sul tuo conto sono quasi esauriti" in subjects....

• hi,
    just to clarify, domflow.it never did and will never do spam That's email are alerts for customers that had an active CloudFlow service to reminder that they have low funds in his account. In past we had received some complaints like

"i not received alert email"
    "i forgot to refill..."

etc.

Most of user, when go < 5€ credit, will refill it, users that want "dance with the death" are < 1% and we know that can be noisy, but we need to have 360° view and take decsion that can satisfy most users possible.

Please remember that our platform is yes cheap, but is N+N redundant cloud and is used mostly from medium/big companies with large needs, this mean that 5€ credit is critical and account will expire in few days/hours.

For marketing email, we send about 1-2 month, if you not want receive it, please check your account details and remove check from "i want receive marketing email" and you will no longer see it. Please, also remember that you will still receive outages or important terms changes emails.

King Regards

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

matteob said: "i not received alert email" "i forgot to refill..."

Yes, we get those too, although we do send them once a day when the credit is lower than a computed 1 week usage at current levels. So it does not consider the amount only, also the usage.

Thanked by 2jvnadr ucxo
  • matteob said: hi, just to clarify, domflow.it never did and will never do spam

Probably your intention isn't spamming, but in reality, it seem so. Imagine if half of the providers I have service with them (25 out of 50) were send me 3-4 emails per day about a low credit, that actually isn't even low compared with what I can buy with it.

Then, my email will be full of unuseful emails - 100 or over per day that I have to read them all in case one of them having actually a useful information (e.g. a reboot). Add some similar behavior from other sources and, voila! This is the definition of spam.

Ypoi should send an email per day, and only if a service is about to end in days or a week, as @Maounique said.

Not to mention that services as Gmail or Hotmail will move your address automatically in spam, if you continue to bomb a mailbox with the same message 3-4 times per day (actually, gmail did marked your email as spam!)

jvnadr said: I have service with them (25 out of 50)

Oh, god, how do you manage to keep track...
    And out of curiosity, why do you need so many?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2015

Maounique said: Oh, god, how do you manage to keep track...

And out of curiosity, why do you need so many?

For several tasks (e.g. a lot of them are a bunch of low end boxes I use for a video streaming cluster with a main streamer and 15-18 restreamers, a cdn-like network).
    Production boxes are about 10.
    SOme of them as backup of my main sites, mail servers, backup of mail servers, testing new - unknown to me providers, and some of them just for fun! (although I try to keep them low)

For main live projects, I use now 3-4 providers and another 2 for backup purposes.

I use a local MS Access custom-made sheet for keeping track and a monitoring system for production boxes. Also, SuperPutty to keep track in one place to my ssh access!

P.S.
    IWstack is hosting one of my main sites, my main streamer run on nginx-rtmp and an icecast small box for transfering sound from my studio to the radio station I am a producer!

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • I already wrote the target of our service. You can use it for create one 1,44€ vm, but is not the usage for which it was thought.

We balanced alerts and report for 99% of customer that buy it. Sorry for be rude but "1,44€ month customer vm is not our target for cloudflow".

If you want only one VM there is cloudone service http://www.domflow.it/oneserver.php and you will not be alerted ....

edited January 2015

matteob said: I already wrote the target of our service. You can use it for create one 1,44€ vm, but is not the usage for which it was thought.

trust me, I know what you mean. The regular gamer with a ts and minecrast server is not the audience for iwstack either, we had to curb the usage of 384 MB instances because were so abused and made to swap degrading the performance.
    We thought the hard interface of CS would rive off those customers, but didnt, in the end we are making a hybrid version of an integrated panel in whmcs for simple tasks, which will do what solus does and more aiming to replace it at some point so, the low end user scored a victory in the end...

• matteob said: I already wrote the target of our service. You can use it for create one 1,44€ vm, but is not the usage for which it was thought.

Or, instead of saying "I don't care about your money", you could simply adjust it to send only ONE email once credit is low.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I've always loved seflow.it until a point that one of their staff was rude to me, well, I considered it rude and stopped using their service.

Anyway, they're a very good provider, I can assure you folks.

• @4n0nx said: Or, instead of saying "I don't care about your money", you could simply adjust it to send only ONE email once credit is low.

Sorry, but in our multi year experience and multi year feedback this is not a good solution. CloudFlow now had 2967 VM active and this is first customer that complaining about our alerting system. The perfect cloud not exist in the world, but exist the best cloud for individualneeds . Probably cloudflow not meet this customer needs (and i understand it because is not thought for that).

We're working with virtkick to have a full low cost, thought for low end customers with multi country platform. We're in costant contact with their staff to create a valid product and this solution will meet @jvnadr needs.

Regards

• matteob said: Sorry, but in our multi year experience and multi year feedback this is not a good solution. CloudFlow now had 2967 VM active and this is first customer that complaining about our alerting system. The perfect cloud not exist in the world, but exist the best cloud for individualneeds . Probably cloudflow not meet this customer needs (and i understand it because is not thought for that).

We're working with virtkick to have a full low cost, thought for low end customers with multi country platform. We're in costant contact with their staff to create a valid product and this solution will meet @jvnadr needs.

Regards

You forgot the part where no one cares. You spam your customers.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited January 2015

@4n0nx said: You forgot the part where no one cares. You spam your customers.

Please stop troll, be respectfull

• @matteob said:

@4n0nx said: You forgot the part where no one cares. You spam your customers.

Please stop troll, be respectfull

He has a point though, doesn't he?

This discussion has been closed.