Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OnePlusOne Invites? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OnePlusOne Invites?

2»

Comments

• @netomx said:
    Thanks

u're welcome

• x0xx0x Member
    edited February 2015

Just received one and don't need it:
    https://account.oneplus.net/invite/claim/GLO7-8V9O-OTR9-VLY8

It's for the 64GB version.

• My order is @ Processing right now :D Can't wait till it's shipped.

Here's an invite: https://account.oneplus.net/invite/claim/GLT4-TR7M-NNAZ-3VK#

Change # to an E

• I'd love an invite if anyone has one they can PM me ?

• If someone has another invite please PM me.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I will never give invites here, all the invites I have gave here, they expire :(

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • Jono20201Jono20201 Member
    edited February 2015

@netomx said:
    I will never give invites here, all the invites I have gave here, they expire :(

If you could PM me one id definately claim and buy. Looking to purchase a second one as a work phone for a colleague.

Edit: have obtained one from reddit.

• bschrambschram Member
    edited February 2015

I've got an invite. PM me if you want it.

@nikc, @4n0nx

• smansman Member
    edited February 2015

Just go on the one plus one forum. There are instructions how to get an invite. You put the image they give you in your signature and post on the forum. People are handing out invites like candy now.

The pricing of the phone hasn't changed since they introduced it. My guess is they will come out with a newer version pretty soon and probably drop the price on the existing one. It's still a really good deal at the current price but I really don't need one that badly unless it's a screaming deal...like after the newer version comes out.

• @sman said:
    Just go on the one plus one forum. There are instructions how to get an invite. You put the image they give you in your signature and post on the forum. People are handing out invites like candy now.

The pricing of the phone hasn't changed since they introduced it. My guess is they will come out with a newer version pretty soon and probably drop the price on the existing one. It's still a really good deal at the current price but I really don't need one that badly unless it's a screaming deal...like after the newer version comes out.

They won't be selling the old version once the new one comes out.

• smansman Member
    edited February 2015

sman said: price

@0xdragon said:
    They won't be selling the old version once the new one comes out.

Then I won't get one or I'll just get it off ebay. Not a big deal to me. I'll probably just get a used galaxy 5s on ebay once the new one is announced in another 3weeks. Prices always go down after that.

You can already get a used 5s for about the same price as as a new one plus one. I think the 5s is a better phone...with 3rd party Android. Certainly the amoled screen is better and I prefer the smaller dimensions.

• @sman said:
    You can already get a used 5s for about the same price as as a new one plus one. I think the 5s is a better phone...with 3rd party Android. Certainly the amoled screen is better and I prefer the smaller dimensions.

Totally disagree, just switched to using the OPO from an iPhone 5S after getting one to develop with at work. Only bit I miss is the finger print login.

• smansman Member
    edited February 2015

@Jono20201 said:

I'm talking about the Samsung Galaxy s5. Guess I got the letter number backwards. Even my cheap 3yo Android phone is better than a new iPhone on multiple levels.

• tijatija Member

Do anyone of you have any invite left? I need to buy one this weekend for a gift.

Thanks!

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Shoot me a pm too if anyone has a spare.

• Buy it next Tuesday, you don't need an invite then.

• Easy way to get an invite is to search Twitter. I got mine last week : )

• smansman Member
    edited March 2015

Funny to see this invite marketing scam take hold. Shows it works. Just go on the forum and follow their rules on how to get an invite. Took me 15minutes from sign up to the forum and getting an invite.

They are coming out with a new phone in Q2 or Q3 and will be reducing the price on this phone around that time. My advice is to wait.
    http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile-phones/oneplus-two/22384/oneplus-two-release-date-specs-price-oxygen-os-details

• tijatija Member

@TheLonely said:
    Buy it next Tuesday, you don't need an invite then.

Unfortunately the gift has to be given on coming Tuesday.

• Finally realize it is some kind of Chinese mobile phone. Go to its Chinese website and you can see different styles. Oneplus.cn

• sman said: Funny to see this invite marketing scam take hold. Shows it works. Just go on the forum and follow their rules on how to get an invite. Took me 15minutes from sign up to the forum and getting an invite.

I see no scam.. just a good marketing tactic. If the phone was shockingly shite then it wouldn't sell. I am 100% happy with my OPO.

• smansman Member
    edited March 2015

@Jono20201 said:
    I see no scam.. just a good marketing tactic. If the phone was shockingly shite then it wouldn't sell. I am 100% happy with my OPO.

I never said there was anything wrong with the phone. It is a bit of a marketing scam though. They are basically playing hard to get. Lots of smartphone companies are starting to do this including Samsung. They intentionally create out of stock situations etc.

It can also be useful if their ability to meet demand is limited. They can easily control demand by controlling invites. I suspect in this case it's a bit of both.

Anyways, there is no problem getting invites anymore. Amazingly there are still people trying to sell invites on ebay which means people must still be buying them...lol. Fools and their money.

• sman said: Anyways, there is no problem getting invites anymore. Amazingly there are still people trying to sell invites on ebay which means people must still be buying them...lol. Fools and their money.

Now, there is your scam :)