Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1024MB KVM - 16 Cores - 10GB HD $6.95/mo - Extreme Power - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1024MB KVM - 16 Cores - 10GB HD $6.95/mo - Extreme Power

2»

Comments

• @PhilND said: As for nixhost. As I have been told all clients were given plenty of time to download any data. They was all given warnings that the company was shut down.

I was a nixhost customer and I was never given any notice at all.

• @eastonch I do not believe that is any of your buisness in fairness. I know my money is safe, that's all that matters.

• @Spencer please message Bradley once again. As far as I am aware, emails were sent to all customers letting them know.

• @PhilND Be honest, you're Nixhost, and you're Bradley Hession, aren't you?
    Hey that was past, and you are trying to build a new one, just say it as it is.

• eastoncheastonch Member
    edited August 2012

@Spencer Really? -- was never a nixhost customer, luckily.

Alright alright, so maybe that's fine. But I'm not trying to trash your sales. I'm just saying, if there's a unnessacery hurdle, to secure the cash for servers, then people won't want to go splash out cash to get a service, that relies on some DP'd host on paying the bill at the end of the month. Seems a bit volatile to me.

I am keeping on topic, I'm awaiting a response for this:

@eastonch said: Minecraft... -- Plugins can, but they can't use any mor ethan the wrapper allows, which to my knowledge, unless you can prove my wrong, is (2) threads. So where you're getting the "16 cores == WIN!" is beyond me.

... Still don't understand this...

@PhilND said: @eastonch I do not believe that is any of your buisness in fairness.

Really? As a potential customer, you're saying the safety of the money I send, to upkeep your servers isnt my business? I think it is. I would like to think, that the money goes directly to the company / owner. Not some guy has a "reputation" around here.

• @eastonch I never said that the 16 cores make it better for running minecraft. I stated that the ram is dedicated. The disk IO is fast due to the SAS drives and that due to the amount of cores every client gets a higher share of Cpu time.

As for the money issue. I know the money is safe and that I have the money in my bank account to fund the servers for several months should anything ever happen.

• @LAKid No I am not. We have gone all over this in every other post on here and frankly I am getting sick of this discussion now. Please refer to our LEB topic.

• 1024MB KVM - 16 Cores - 10GB HD $6.95/mo - Perfect for minecraft

Looks like you're trying to advertise 16xCore is perfect for minecraft. What?

Fair enough on the money issue; just see it from a clients PoV. If you're permabanned from PP (that's a MAJOR problem for you) however does that stop you opening a 2CO? They allow people to pay via PP into your 2CO account, and it integrates well with WHMCS.

• @eastonch I will look into 2co. In the meantime I am off to bed. Currently replying from my phone.

I understand your concern about money. But unfortunately, this is something only time will prove.

• @Jack Thanks, windows ISO provided has a 60 day trial. After this we will contact you to make licensing arrangements.

• This 16 core / 32 core might be interesting for web apps. Might get one to compare performance to my other nodes. LA is alright for us, but buyvm/hostigation is still a bit faster latency wise.

@PhilND is this a trial? Does NodeDeploy plan to offer other plans around the 16/32 core Opteron?

• This looks marvelous. Any plans for KVM over in Phoenix?

• So how exactly are these "perfect" for Minecraft?

• Any reviews?

• @Jack Police investigation? Sounds even more screwed than it did.

• @ihatetonyy Not at this moment in time

@Brandon Please read the posts above (Raided SAS Drives, Dedicated Ram, Due to the amount of cores there is more available to each client that if we had say, 8 cores)

@cnzhhi Unfortunatly not

@eastonch Bradley did not monitor any of the content on his servers and there was a lot of illegal stuff being hosted such has botnets etc.

• @jack
    To your VM yes.

How is the vm overall jack?

Phil

• @Jack yeah. Getting 160ms from my home net here. Shouldnt impact it too much!

Let me know how you get on.

Phil

• Not bad from New York

64 bytes from 142.4.49.106: icmp_seq=2 ttl=51 time=77.335 ms
    64 bytes from 142.4.49.106: icmp_seq=3 ttl=51 time=77.443 ms

• Can I buy more space? I would need ideally at least 5GB free.

• @Taylor you looking to install windows? If so, 2003 gives you 7GB space free.

If not, PM me your price range and we can see what we can do.

Phil

• Do you have WIndows XP iso?

• Aslong as you have a license we can add the iso!

Phil

• My server just got rebooted, what happened?

• @Emilv Nothing our side, have you submitted a ticket about this?

Phil

• Just received an email that my vps is suspended to CPU abuse :O

• @ErawanArifNugroho The automated system automatically suspended you as you had a 80+ load and it was starting to affect other clients. Drop us a ticket and we will work to resolve it with you.

• @PhilND Any plans to expand this to other places and not just LA?

• @concerto49
    Hi, if we can find the right deal in the right location then yes we will. Its all about finding a server that meets our requirements at a reasonable price.