Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

digicube.fr One month review all are here
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

digicube.fr One month review all are here

inklightinklight Member
edited January 2015 in Reviews

OK this was interesting experience. first of all , like all of you I read alot of bad review and warning about their services they have support they have no cancellation except by mail !!
I tell you what this all are myths . the reason all that reviews very simple Language barrier
I take Digi ONE ATOM 22/Dec/2014 for one month .
The server was ready on 23/Dec/2014 (All communication done by Email in French )
Next you will need to choose your OS installation from dashboard (Vos commandes)
I was stupid and choose Advanced installer (Installation avancée) following by support advice hoping install my OS in English instead of default language French
This what you dashboard looks before installing your OS
http://s10.postimg.org/bnjtponc9/digicube_setup01.png
but ssh was still in French so I find another solution to change language .

# dpkg-reconfigure locales
# nano /etc/default/locale
      LANG="en_US.utf8"

Test
The CPU was out of picture it was my choice so I don't have to complain

ATOM 230 ,6Ghz Single core with HT . do all basics to make the server function As CPU it should connect and control all part together network I/O manage memory and SSD .
When things comes to math website response speed Forget About it .
I didn't do that much tests but I found an PHP Benchmark script as starting point .

Server : @   Digicube.fr
test_math                 : 11.173 sec.
test_stringmanipulation   : 10.948 sec.
test_loops                : 5.985 sec.
test_ifelse               : 4.017 sec.
--------------------------------------
Total time:               : 32.1 sec.

Disk

This SSD Performance

(1,1 GB) copied, 14,3034 s, 75,1 MB/s

Tech support

I opened two tickets first response was in 12 hours and the second 9 minutes
To be correct they don't have Tech support it's Hardware support in case one of your Server hardware die or whole server not startup . My two ticket one to correct My phone number Second I was asking about service cancellation and they tell me to send an Email instead .

Other staff
OK to be honest I'm not that profession doing tests Like server uptime Network I/O . All what I was care about is response speed of the site I put on it . for sure Atom was joke for PHP and TTFB but for static file load specially images was impressive U can use this Digi ONE as CDN specially if you have audience from Europe .
The dashboard and all email you will get in French so G translator is your best friend here
Service Cancellation and Refund .
I read (translate) their TOS pdf what I figure out if you take server for six months and you e.g after a month asked to Terminate your server and you want the five months you already paid . in this case you have to write a letter to their address in France Asking for refund an Cancellation .
In my case I take order for one month and I don't know if they have recurring bill system . so I send them Cancellation message to their email 19 days before my service end (and I got no response)
I send them another Email after day from service end date(23/Jan) and they terminate my server on 26 .

I want inform you I almost didn't understand a single word from French emails they sent to me .
and the English was not My mother Language either . but that was not enough to stop me to have that great experience .

Last That server was cheapest Dedi Available (8$/M) even CPU not preform Like 7$/Yr VPS from bluevm but having your own Dedi has it advantage specially for security Who's using WHMCS knows what I taking about .

Comments