Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MariaDB and Aria
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MariaDB and Aria

zamotcrzamotcr Member
edited January 2015 in Help

Hello,

I installed yesterday MariaDB on Ubuntu 14.04 and in order to save some memory, I disabled InnoDB. But in order to disable it, I had to set another default engine, so I set it to Aria. A lot of tutorials and forums suggests to set default engine to MyISAM, but according to MariaDB site: "You're encouraged to rather use the Aria storage engine for new applications, which has even better performance and the goal of being crash-safe."

So my.cf has these two lines:

default-storage-engine = aria
skip-innodb

So, has anyone used Aria engine? It is reliable?

Thanked by 1aglodek

Comments

• Yes. My certain Kloxo-MR servers use it.

• Good. My configuration is running solid so far :D

• We are using it and so far so good. Just be aware that aria has its own logging system so you have to take care when moving raw table files between servers. Otherwise it's as good as MyISAM, if not better.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Been using Aria as a MyISAM replacement for years. If MyISAM is fine for you, then Aria will be as well.

@msg7086 said:
    Just be aware that aria has its own logging system so you have to take care when moving raw table files between servers.

I'm guessing that's only for transactional tables? I don't use transactional Aria tables, and can simply copy files across and it works (in fact, I don't even copy the index files to make my backups faster).