Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Server Stock
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Server Stock

Does anyone else find the online.net server stock counter on each page isn't accurate? I'm looking to get an Avoton as I want to upgrade from my €1.99 server but I find the stock counter says it has stock but when I go to order it says it's on back order (both the SSH and HDD variants). Do you know how often they restock these?

Comments

• Mostly in the first week of a new month when old servers have been cancelled.

• Do they still offer €1.99 server?

• @Chuck said:
    Do they still offer €1.99 server?

No

Victim of its success

• @Amitz said:
    Mostly in the first week of a new month when old servers have been cancelled.

I'll keep trying. Hopefully I'll get one next week.

• I have just cancelled an Avoton (Dedibox XC) there. I keep my fingers crossed that you will get it. It was a nice machine and I <3'ed it! :-)

• @Amitz said:
    I have just cancelled an Avoton (Dedibox XC) there. I keep my fingers crossed that you will get it. It was a nice machine and I <3'ed it! :-)

Thanks. I'll keep a look out for it. I assume they go through some kind of reprovisioning process before renting them back out again.

Out of interest, why did you cancel it?

• LeeLee Veteran

Always use https://console.online.net/en/order/server to check stock, it always seems to be correct rather than the stock on each server page.

• Chuck said: Do they still offer €1.99 server?

Its only advertising trick for now.

• Damn, there were 5 available when I checked a while ago... all gone now!

• nimdy said: Out of interest, why did you cancel it?

I upgraded to a bigger server from one of their special sales. :-)

• 3 SATA XC available right now! Be quick! ;-)

• @Amitz said:
    3 SATA XC available right now! Be quick! ;-)

Again it only shows 3 on the product page. It's 'back order' on the order page.

• bene_onlinebene_online Member
    edited January 2015

Hello,

new stock is coming soon. Check out our new 2015 offers including larger SSD drives and even more bandwidth :)

Thanked by 2Lee mpkossen
  • @bene_online said:
    Hello,

new stock is coming soon. Check out our new 2015 offers including larger SSD drives and even more bandwidth :)

I noticed that :P

• @bene_online said:
    Hello,

When?.

• @bene_online said:
    Hello,

Want to give us a clue as to when these will be released?

• I hope '2015 offers' including Avoton with 16/32 GB RAM and 2 x HDD.

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

deleted

• Contact them via support ticket. Maybe they can provide you server which you need.

• nimdynimdy Member
    edited January 2015

@euservr said:
    Contact them via support ticket. Maybe they can provide you server which you need.

Hello,

We don't communicate about future offers

Regards,

Yann G.

:(

• The only downside to the personal range servers is the absence of a secondary drive. Hard drives fail and when they do you'll have to intervene yourself.

• xyzxyz Member

A bit off-topic, but does anyone know what sort of disks are used in the XC range?

• @xyz said:
    A bit off-topic, but does anyone know what sort of disks are used in the XC range?

HGST HTS721010A9

Thanked by 24n0nx xyz