Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndBrie – IPv6 only lowend VPS starting at $1.99/year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndBrie – IPv6 only lowend VPS starting at $1.99/year

Brie Host is now offering IPv6 only VPS with a competitive pricing point, the Brie Host team wants to empower all kinds of developers, from students to masters, to work on IPv6 servers on testing stages of development. IPv6 are virtually free, and can be just as versatile if you IPv6 access. To check if your ISP provides IPv6, visit ip6.me

LE OpenVZ 64 - IPv6

Uptime - 99.9% Guaranteed

Premium Bandwidth - 50 GB @ 100mbps

Type - Template

Cores - 1

RAM - 64 MB

Burstable to - 96 MB

HDD - 1 GB

IPv4 - 0 included

IPv6 - 10 included

$1.99/year ORDER NOW

LE OpenVZ 128 - IPv6

Premium Bandwidth - 100 GB @ 100mbps

Type - Template

Cores - 1

RAM - 128 MB

Burstable to - 192 MB

HDD - 2 GB

IPv4 - 0 included

IPv6 - 10 included

$2.99/year ORDER NOW

LE OpenVZ 256 - IPv6

Premium Bandwidth - 250 GB @ 100mbps

Type - Template

Cores** - 1

RAM - 256 MB

Burstable to - 384 MB

HDD - 5 GB

IPv4 - 0 included

IPv6 - 10 included

$4.99/year ORDER NOW

What is IPv6?

IPv6 is a new version of the Internet address protocol that has been developed to supplement (and eventually replace) IPv4, the version that underpins the Internet today. There is a current theoretical maximum of 4.3 billion unique IPv4 addresses, whereas IPv6 has a ludicrous maximum of 340 trillion, trillion, trillion unique IPv6 addresses… enough to never run out.

How to make your IPv6 web server accessible to all IPv4 visitors:

By using CloudFlare's free Automatic IPv4 to IPv6 gateway, your website can be made accessible to any visitor online. Best part is, it can be turned on with a few clicks from your CloudFlare panel. Check their website for more information on how to set it up: https://www.cloudflare.com/ipv6

Some more reasons to start learning how to use IPv6:

“When networking gurus and researchers developed IPv4 security hadn't really crossed their minds. IPv4 was never meant to be secure.

IPv6 has been built from the ground up with security in mind. Many of the security features that have been duct-taped after the fact onto IPv4 as optional features are integrated into IPv6 as default requirements. IPv6 encrypts traffic and checks packet integrity to provide VPN-like protection for standard Internet traffic.”

-Tony Bradley, PCWorld

“IPv6's simplified packet header makes packet processing more efficient. Compared with IPv4, IPv6 contains no IP-level checksum, so the checksum does not need to be recalculated at every router hop. Getting rid of the IP-level checksum was possible because most link-layer technologies already contain checksum and error-control capabilities. In addition, most transport layers, which handle end-to-end connectivity, have a checksum that enables error detection.”

-NetworkComputing.com

“IPv6 supports multicast rather than broadcast. Multicast allows bandwidth-intensive packet flows (like multimedia streams) to be sent to multiple destinations simultaneously, saving network bandwidth. Disinterested hosts no longer must process broadcast packets. In addition, the IPv6 header has a new field, named Flow Label, that can identify packets belonging to the same flow.”

-The Activo Team

Comments

• Might make another review based on you guys :P

• @briehost said:
    Can't wait to hear what you think! :)

Running out of money now :P

• Can't wait to hear what you think! :)

• briehostbriehost Member
    edited January 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Running out of money now :P

You can't afford not to get a #lowendbrie :P

• edited January 2015

@briehost said:
    You can't afford not to get a #lowendbrie :P

You can when you're a student.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    You can when you're a student.

You can join our affiliate program and get 10% of any referrals towards your VPS :)

• @briehost said:
    You can join our affiliate program and get 10% of any referrals towards your VPS :)

Sure but the site is giving me cloudflare 522

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Sure but the site is giving me cloudflare 522

Goodness, looks like the offer is more popular than we could have hoped! We are working on getting back online as soon as possible.

• @briehost said:
    Goodness, looks like the offer is more popular than we could have hoped! We are working on getting back online as soon as possible.

Creating review now

• It looks like someone is making our CPU go through the roof, working on a solution!

• @briehost said:
    It looks like someone is making our CPU go through the roof, working on a solution!

Do you have skype I would like to contact you?

• @briehost said:
    It looks like someone is making our CPU go through the roof, working on a solution!

Nodewatch is your solution :)

• @0xdragon said:

Unless its the famous LET welcome DDOS

• briehostbriehost Member
    edited January 2015

@0xdragon said:

Thanks @0xdragon, we will definitely look into it :)

• @0xdragon - Nodewatch doesn't suspend for CPU Abuse unfortunately, only for PPS and SMTP

hopefully @dcc see's the need for CPU abuse suspensions on Nodewatch :)

But i use Nodewatch on all my nodes, it's an absolute life saver!

• We're back! Sorry for the downtime.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    0xdragon - Nodewatch doesn't suspend for CPU Abuse unfortunately, only for PPS and SMTP

hopefully dcc see's the need for CPU abuse suspensions on Nodewatch :)

Ah, I coded it myself a while back. Completely forgot I did that xD

• dccdcc Member, Host Rep

@AutoSnipe said:
    0xdragon - Nodewatch doesn't suspend for CPU Abuse unfortunately, only for PPS and SMTP

hopefully dcc see's the need for CPU abuse suspensions on Nodewatch :)

CPU abuse tracking is tricky due to the way OpenVZ deals with jiffy counters (it is basically broken). There would be a LOT of false suspensions and unfortunately there is no good way around it.

• @dcc - wouldn't a way to do it be checking through vzlist?

ie something like

/usr/sbin/vzlist -Ho ctid,laverage | grep -v /0.00

and separate the servers with loads over "X" Threshold amount in the 15min table?

i find that fairly reliable. if nodewatch wasn't encrypted i would have tried to modify it myself to see if i could find a suitable way to do so.

• Any high bandwidth plans?

• dccdcc Member, Host Rep

@AutoSnipe said:
    dcc - wouldn't a way to do it be checking through vzlist?

ie something like

> /usr/sbin/vzlist -Ho ctid,laverage | grep -v /0.00
    > 

and separate the servers with loads over "X" Threshold amount in the 15min table?

i find that fairly reliable. if nodewatch wasn't encrypted i would have tried to modify it myself to see if i could find a suitable way to do so.

LA is not a reliable way of determining CPU abuse, unfortunately... Especially on OpenVZ

• @dcc said:
    LA is not a reliable way of determining CPU abuse, unfortunately... Especially on OpenVZ

Yeah if you mount a NFS / FUSE volume, the load average can easily go to 50/100+ due to iowait but it does not have any real CPU usage.

• LESLES Member

Only see this:

• Wait... "brie" is a French cheese xD

• We are very sorry to say we've been caused a service outage to our billing panel. The plans have been temporarily hidden while we investigate the cause. If you would like to be the first to know when you can buy LowEndBrie servers again please send us a message on this form

• Just want to let you all know we have thoroughly tested back into this product and it is back up for sale! :)

It's unfortunate when things like this happen, but we wanted to make sure we would not accept payment for something we couldn't deliver immediately. We are very sorry and will give a special deal as a token of apology to anyone who sends us a message referencing this post.