Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A low end box in Asia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A low end box in Asia

vijaivijai Member
edited January 2015 in Requests

Is there any possibility to find a low end box within Asia?
Looking for something similar to what LES offers. But their Japan leb seems to be out of stock always.
Its probably for running nothing more than a znc bouncer for a single user. I just want to try out something in asia.

Requirements:

ram : lower than 128mb
hdd : 1 to 5 HDD
Bandwidth: Doesn't really matter
virtualization: Could be openvz / xen / kvm (no preference there either)

Price ~ 5 - 7 dollars / year
I could live with an ipv6 only vps. Not a big issue. Its just to see how it is.

Comments

• I assume you meant LES and not NanoVZ since they don't have a JP location?

• @Jack said:
    LES in Japan.

Its out of stock in low end spirit. Only reason why i am asking here.

• @hostnoob said:
    I assume you meant LES and not NanoVZ since they don't have a JP location?

Yes. Sorry. Edited the post :)

• In Asia it's difficult to get that price, unless some providers do something like VPS slabbing (that's what LES does if I remember correctly).

• @eLohkCalb said:
    In Asia it's difficult to get that price, unless some providers do something like VPS slabbing (that's what LES does if I remember correctly).

I know that it is way too high. I just wanted to get one for the sake of trying it. That is why i gave the lowest possible specifications. I would accept something lower than that too. I just want to see if there are any providers.

• Try DigitalOcean's Singapore location.

• What about the Vultr & Linode Japan?

• Maniac said: Try DigitalOcean's Singapore location.

Netxons said: What about the Vultr & Linode Japan?

Did you read what is budget OP mentioned???? He needs a VPS costing Price ~ 5 - 7 dollars / year. So DO and Vultr are out of question.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • Yep. I was looking for a micro if not nano vps.. I have good kvm and ovz vps from nodeserv and ramnode (a teeny tiny one). This was just to try out. But yeah. My budget is ~7 dollars per year.

• What's wrong with the 5 bucks DO & Vultr then?

• NetxonsNetxons Member
    edited January 2015

Ahhh per year. I don't think so if you found one do let me know. Thanks for the headup.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Maybe it's time for @AnthonySmith to open 2nd "location" of LES in Japan, on Linode.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @rm_ said:
    Maybe it's time for AnthonySmith to open 2nd "location" of LES in Japan, on Linode.

Im looking for one too!

• Get a VPS in LA. it's got the connectivity to Asia you'll need. Be cheaper too.

• ^^ Hint Look in my sig :P haha

• Japan, Singapore, HK, Sydney, Auckland,.. would be great locations. Instead, providers open new locations in Germany, France and US. -.-

• TheKiller said: Did you read what is budget OP mentioned???? He needs a VPS costing Price ~ 5 - 7 dollars / year. So DO and Vultr are out of question.

Didn't see that /year part. With that budget it's hardly possible to get a box in Asia.

• Only available IP6
    VPS location should be able to do in Hong Kong

• @Maniac said:
    Didn't see that /year part. With that budget it's hardly possible to get a box in Asia.

Not hardly possible, entirely impossible.

• May I ask why do you need that location?

• @William said:

Even without IPv4?

• Theres LES in Japan and Australia - Both out of stock however. No one else besides that.

• @William said:
    Theres LES in Japan and Australia - Both out of stock however. No one else besides that.

AU is still in stock

• 4n0nx said: Japan, Singapore, HK, Sydney, Auckland,.. would be great locations. Instead, providers open new locations in Germany, France and US. -.-

Well, i tend to go where it's viable and the need is there. i'm looking at a Singapore location, Anthony has Japan and Oliver has Sydney as @william said above.

and 4n0nx, by all means you can make your own in any of these locations.