Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone with a spare Kimsufi?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone with a spare Kimsufi?

BlanozBlanoz Member
edited January 2015 in Requests

Hello,

Do any of you guys happen to have a Kimsufi server of which you make no use or happen to have it laying around? Will you be willing to push it into my account? I'm trying for 2 months now to get my hands on one.

The $10 DO droplet I'm currently using is getting really slow (doing some intensive DB perversion). I'm also running an OVH OpenVZ VPS (Classic 2) but it's even more lousy than DO. It's mainly for dev stuff.

I'll happily pay all fees (9.9 Euro + 20% VAT) and something extra for the effort -> you decide here. Can do it via PayPal, SEPA (EU) or Bitcoin/Litecoin.

A must: early ssh acces. Simply create another user and give it sudo access. Then just tail -f ~user/.bash_history. I only need to do some basic checks on the CPU/HDD and the network.

PS1: I'm an ex-Kimsufi && current-OVH verified customer.

LE: after some research, I've found out that KS cannot be transferred. Please ignore this thread.

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2015

said: and give it sudo access.

So you basically expected people to give you root on a server you didn't pay for yet?

said: Then just tail -f ~user/.bash_history

This doesn't get updated in real-time (i.e. until you terminate your shell).

• If you are verified, then what is the problem in getting another?

• BlanozBlanoz Member
    edited January 2015

@rm_, sure, why not give sudo access? For a machine that isn't used, I can't see anything wrong. You can easily find a solution to check the logs or you can simply reinstall. I was trying to lay off some effort from the "giver" and not ask for logs/screenshots or anything else.

I believe that you'd be more community helpful by suggesting a solution for real time history logging, rather than nagging around.

@NeoGen, they're out of stock?

• Blanoz said: I believe that you'd be more community helpful by suggesting a solution for real time history logging, rather than nagging around.

Have you met @rm_ before?

• said: LE: after some research, I've found out that KS cannot be transferred. Please ignore this thread.

Closed then ;-)

This discussion has been closed.