Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support Help Desk (Ticket System) with WHMCS integration
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Support Help Desk (Ticket System) with WHMCS integration

Hello,

I am looking for an alternate support email ticket system which will integrate with WHMCS. Although I appreciate that Kayako is a good little system, this is not within our budget. Additionally, we have used Vision in the past but have found numerous issues with the interface and have found that development is tediously slow.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Sadly. I would say there are currently not many options.

• Bit of a hole in the market?

• Considering how insanely overpriced Kayako is, your only choice for an external help desk system that integrates with WHMCS is ZenDesk. There's am integration module created by @modulesgarden and can be found here: http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/zendesk/features

• jhjh Member

Sirportly might be an option if Kayako isn't.

• What makes these alternative ticket systems so much better than the one built in WHMCS?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Arcticdesk?

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@rds100 said:
    What makes these alternative ticket systems so much better than the one built in WHMCS?

Yea lol why use soemother ticket system when you have 1 built-in

• We currently use WHMCS Support Desk and have for a while now.... we are an Android 'family' and to put it bluntly the aWHMCS module is... bland. It lacks notifications which is our major issue, so we are using Pushover, which is a great little app - however, I don't want to be woken up at 3am to alert me that a nocturnal customer has paid an invoice etc. It would also be nice to have a tray notification client (I know I know...).

Another bugbear is the pipe.php - we use Office 365 Exchange Mail and have a few email addresses which are configured in the support desk - WHMCS does not have the option to leave a copy of the email on the server, instead - it downloads and completely removes the email - this is becoming quite frustrating as at least one of the email accounts I could do to keep a copy for admin.

Thanks Jhadley & Shovenose - I shall check those out!

• We did this a few months ago as we needed a better solution and needed all our companies tickets in one place.

Zendesk - hell, overpriced, limited API calls (so no good for integration if you have large ticket volumes). Also anything from ModulesGarden is subject to their moronic support, which are completely unhelpful. I have personally tested 5 of their modules, not one worked as advertised and when I gave detailed information to explain how to replicate the issues, they provided no answer or solution.

Freshdesk - crappy sales/support people, lots of promises, lack of follow through, extremely limited API calls (so no good for integration if you have large ticket volumes)

Arcticdesk - Seems to be dead

Sirportly - Not enough business there to guarantee acquisition in the event of business failure.

Kayako - We use it, support is mediocre, product is ok, lots of failed promises, can't keep pricing straight in their heads, self hosted = unlimited api calls. Its expensive but if you can afford it then at least you can self install and when it breaks fix it.

Remedy - Expensive, but works REALLY well. But be prepared for a second mortgage just to pay for support services.

Cerberus - Lots of hope for this one once, but seems to be forgotten about these days.

Right now we have Kayako and Remedy running depending on business and they just work. Its taken years to get them integrated properly though.

• Hello, we are aware of fact that this is not the subject of the conversation but we would like to take our stance on your statement regarding our support MarkTurner. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with it. What we would like even more, is to draw appropriate conclusions and improve the level of our services.

We believe that we managed to find your tickets and we had checked them thoroughly. They are quite short, consist from several replies only and contain no direct feedback nor the final conclusion related to each case. It looks like the conversations have been discontinued for some reason. After studying the tickets, we are unable to unambiguously assess the reason that made you share the above opinion. We have made every effort to take concrete steps to address the problems and we replied to all your messages.

We would be grateful if you shed some light on the matter.

• LiveZilla? Or didn't I got what you want?

• Jade_GJade_G Member
    edited January 2015

@timodig said:
    We currently use WHMCS Support Desk and have for a while now.... we are an Android 'family' and to put it bluntly the aWHMCS module is... bland. It lacks notifications which is our major issue, so we are using Pushover, which is a great little app - however, I don't want to be woken up at 3am to alert me that a nocturnal customer has paid an invoice etc. It would also be nice to have a tray notification client (I know I know...).

Another bugbear is the pipe.php - we use Office 365 Exchange Mail and have a few email addresses which are configured in the support desk - WHMCS does not have the option to leave a copy of the email on the server, instead - it downloads and completely removes the email - this is becoming quite frustrating as at least one of the email accounts I could do to keep a copy for admin.

Thanks Jhadley & Shovenose - I shall check those out!

You can enable what type of notifications you want to receive with Push. Either invoices, or tickets or both.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

LE* uses arcticdesk and I personally don't like it. Prefer WHMCS built-in system better.