Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What free billing I sholud use for hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What free billing I sholud use for hosting

inklightinklight Member
edited January 2015 in Help

I know this not directly related go LET . but most of you work on hosting business specialty shared host .
I take reseller host . and after I order it I notice they not offer free billing system (WHMCS) . their is cPanel/WHM currently I have no clients at all an I don't either if I get 10 customers next few days/months .
I see alot of billing systems on Softaculos as newbie I never tried any of it .
I need advice for suitable free(or free to try) billing system except (TheHostingTool,Open Source Point of Sale )
I prefer if the script use multi language interface specially for client area .

Comments

• This doesn't make much sense, but if you're after a free billing system, why not choose a Stripe integrated service?

• inklightinklight Member
    edited January 2015

0xdragon said: why not choose a Stripe integrated service?

In fact I need complete Billing Client system .. and this is firs time I sell anything online and have no experiences with any billing system even not tried to prepare order forum.
    I don't want spent day's testing and fail every single billing(HelpDesk) script available .
    BTW Stripe looks good merchants but I'll keep it as End point .

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Hire somebody to assist you. If you can't afford to pay for a decent client management script, you can't afford to be in business.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@KuJoe said:
    Hire somebody to assist you. If you can't afford to pay for a decent client management script, you can't afford to be in business.

This. You'll cut corners today and regret it later.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • There are no good free billing scripts unfortunately. I would suggest trying to get a refund for your reseller account and then signing up with someone who bundles the script in (which should save you some money).

• Well you can choose my option:

SaaS billing/invoice (Freshbook, Tradeshift and similar).

Helpdesk you can try with jitbit

And for manage their accounts just an excel or similar to have list of clients and status account.

The last part I am working with other SaaS CRM.

And more important if you can't dont things manually go for blesta, whmcs or boxbilling ;).

• And right now I am workign with Laravel for a simple user pnael management (accoutn, status and order page)

• I don't think free billing system is a good choice. I'm using WHMCS, and it's good.

• Boxbilling is good too

You can get a license for free or you can paid $5.95 monthly for unlimited everything.
    http://www.boxbilling.com/order

• @casper253 said:
    Boxbilling is good too

You can get a license for free or you can paid $5.95 monthly for unlimited everything.
    http://www.boxbilling.com/order

Boxbilling is not good and they hardly update it..

• Accountlab plus

• Accountlab plus

• If you want to attract customers and not have them run away from you, DO NOT go with a free billing solution. There's a few billing solutions that are cheaper then WHMCS but in some ways aren't that great. There's Blesta and ClientExec (which you can get for less than $10/mo) and if you really want to go cheap, there's DHCart for $20. And if you think even WHMCS is too expensive, your sadly mistaken. Companies pay $1000s and $1000s of dollars for their billing solution, so $250 for a WHMCS license is really cheap compared to that.

• I took a re-seller account with smarthosting.co.uk just before Christmas its £9.99 a month but includes cpanel/whm and whmcs license. the support is tremendous! they really know what they are doing and have a dev team specifically setup to help you migrate your websites over and sort out any bugs you may have in setting up your site just perfect really!

• If you can't afford a panel as said previously you probably shouldn't be in business.

I'd choose Blesta/WHMCS, if you cut corners now then it will cost you more in time (and potentially money) later to go back and resolve the issues you have from cutting corners.

• SreeSree Member
    edited January 2015

casper253 said: Boxbilling is good too

You can get a license for free or you can paid $5.95 monthly for unlimited everything. http://www.boxbilling.com/order

Boxbilling goes opensource

https://github.com/boxbilling/boxbilling

https://github.com/boxbilling/boxbilling/releases/tag/4.13.2

• Well.. Blesta do whatever you want :) 100 usd owned license..

• There are no free software with feature rich :-(

• OK thank you all guys I never thought thread will attention like this .
    I'll go for WHMCS as you all suggested .I already find deal with **inmotionhosting **$14/M included WHMCS .

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited January 2015

@inklight said:
    OK thank you all guys I never thought thread will attention like this .
    I'll go for WHMCS as you all suggested .I already find deal with **inmotionhosting **$14/M included WHMCS .

Well i think this will be a mistake. About WHMCS. But if you like update it every two day or every week. Go on...

But if up-to-date every time could be stable enought to start :)

(but i not suggest too much , but i am an alternative man. WHMCS = Blesta , Cpanel = InterWorx :D)

• ZweiTiger said: (but i not suggest too much , but i am an alternative man. WHMCS = Blesta , Cpanel = InterWorx :D)

Nout wrong with being picky however all to their own, there isn't a WHMCS update every two days or week, think the last one was December 10th or something, nothing truly wrong with keeping things secure and automatically applying updates in my own opinion.
    Blesta, can't say I've ever used it but hey ho I ain't going to complain about something I don't use.

InterWorx however in my own opinion looks and feels tacky with its default theme but it looks over-complicated too, especially for those who are new to hosting.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@HyperSpeed said:
    InterWorx however in my own opinion looks and feels tacky with its default theme but it looks over-complicated too, especially for those who are new to hosting.

Atleast it doesn't get compromised quickly rendering the site owner useless.

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • @HyperSpeed said:
    Nout wrong with being picky however all to their own, there isn't a WHMCS update every two days or week, think the last one was December 10th or something, nothing truly wrong with keeping things secure and automatically applying updates in my own opinion. Blesta, can't say I've ever used it but hey ho I ain't going to complain about something I don't use.

And that's because of their Bounty program which is stopping security experts leaking information like localhost.re did which did a leak every week when WHMCS / cPanel was out of the office.

WHCMS also uses their own remake of the Register Global PHP function which was removed from PHP themselves due to security reasons.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131121095803/http://www.localhost.re/ might rejog your memory.

Bounty: https://bugcrowd.com/whmcs // $75 - $5,000 Per Bug.

50 Bugs Rewarded

• inklightinklight Member
    edited January 2015

All right guys here is the story the reseller account I ordered form jonesolutions.com (for 6$/m) and I cancel it because billing systems they offers not available on my client language (Arabic) . I tried all billing system you offers and the best on my opinion was Blesta but the translation was not complete and don't have time to translate all missing parts . I really thank jonesolutions offers moving my account to another server (instead their AMD server I signup with) but that's was not enough to convince me to stay .
    Last the only promising free billing system I see is Boxbilling . for paid 1st. Blesta 2d .WHMCS .