Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Learn to automate your LE Infrastructure with Ansible for DevOps - 50% off
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Learn to automate your LE Infrastructure with Ansible for DevOps - 50% off

I'm getting close to finishing my book on Ansible, Ansible for DevOps, and one of the things that has made the book 1000x better than it would've been if I went with a traditional publishing process has been the excellent reader feedback I've gotten while writing the book.

Ansible is an excellent, simple, and approachable tool for automating all your infrastructure tasks, and works via SSH, so you can start using it with any of your LEB servers—or to automate your entire hosting infrastructure if you're a provider!

I'm publishing the book on LeanPub, which means you can purchase the book now and get every future update for free—plus there's no DRM on the book (downloadable as PDF, epub, or mobi... or all three!).

I thought I'd give a worthy LET offer and discount the book by 50% off the minimum price. You can get the book using this coupon link: http://leanpub.com/ansible-for-devops/c/31WReDAfGxSZ

Please feel free to let me know what you think about the book here, via email, via Twitter, etc. I'd love to hear what this community, especially, thinks—half my infrastructure testing is done on LEB hosts like RamNode, BlueVM, etc., so I owe a lot to this community!

Comments

• Too bad I bought it already earlier :( I'm a long-time member here.
    Love the book, excellent reference and quick-start guide in one!

• @djvdorp said:
    Too bad I bought it already earlier

Was it within 45 days ago? If so, I won't tell anyone if you return it, then buy again with the new coupon :D

All but one of my returns were for that reason (someone missed a coupon, returned the book, bought again with the coupon), and besides costing a few pennies for a refund fee, I'm fine with it—I'd rather you be doubly happy with your purchase than get an extra dollar or two!

• geerlingguy said: Was it within 45 days ago? If so, I won't tell anyone if you return it, then buy again with the new coupon :D

All but one of my returns were for that reason (someone missed a coupon, returned the book, bought again with the coupon), and besides costing a few pennies for a refund fee, I'm fine with it—I'd rather you be doubly happy with your purchase than get an extra dollar or two!

Nah, it was >45 days ago (October 9th if I recall correct) and I am happy with my purchase, worth every dollar of the full (regular) price as well :)
    Thanks for the kind offer though! For the people who didn't buy it yet; please do so as well ;)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Bought it as a contribution to someone interested in giving stuff to this community.

Thanks for your effort!

• Bought! Great timing, Jeff! Just started on Ansible a few days ago :) Will be in touch with some suggestions.

• Purchased. Love it mate :)

• how do you guys used ansible? i mean in what project? i have used openstack (icehouse), is this Ansible can be more helpful?
    to OP, i would purchase soon!

• @mgilang said:
    how do you guys used ansible?

Ansible would be a good fit for managing an OpenStack installation, provisioning VMs, etc. See the following:

I don't personally operate OpenStack, but use Ansible with AWS, DigitalOcean, RamNode, etc. to provision and configure servers, and deploy updates to applications.

• Purchased! Loving it so far. I have just started using ansible. The book could not have come at a better time.