Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I create user under vps?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can I create user under vps?

I know that on windows is this possible so am courios if its possible also in linux.

Thank you!

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

adduser

• MuZoMuZo Member
    edited January 2015
  • And he have his space and can login thru ssh?

• See "Log on as the non-root user" on the same page

• MuZoMuZo Member
    edited January 2015

BuyAds said: And he have his space and can login thru ssh?

useradd -m <username>

passwd <username>

and you're ready to login through SSH in his homefolder

• Really? Nothing against you @BuyAds but this is a really really really basic linux question. You should know this if you have a vps, or at least you should be able to google this?!

Thanked by 1Droid
  • Well i dont know if the user have his space ex. 5GB space and 30GB bandwidth and if the user can add user.

• @BuyAds said:
    Well i dont know if the user have his space ex. 5GB space and 30GB bandwidth and if the user can add user.

No the users use the same space and bandwidth:)

Thanked by 1BuyAds
  • And how can split the space cPanel and i cant? :)

• emgemg Veteran

@BuyAds said:
    And how can split the space cPanel and i cant? :)

Sorry, but nobody understands this question. Please ask it again in a different way. A longer explanation of what you want to do may help us understand.

• @BuyAds said:
    Well i dont know if the user have his space ex. 5GB space and 30GB bandwidth and if the user can add user.

You can use filesystem quotas to set the maximum space per user, but not sure if there is a way to set the bandwidth limit.

• I think he meant to ask
    How can cPanel set such quotas and I can't.

Well, install a control panel like ISPConfig, VestaCP, Ajenti, Virtualmin and you might.

• @trexos said:
    Really? Nothing against you BuyAds but this is a really really really basic linux question. You should know this if you have a vps, or at least you should be able to google this?!

This... This times a thousand. Not only that, but Google for crying out loud. I really hope he isn't going to be trying to sell things.

Thanked by 2Pwner doughmanes
  • "$5 A Month Premium Cpanel services, with quotas!....."

please please please please please please dont.