Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Good non-let/leb providers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Good non-let/leb providers?

RaymiiRaymii Member
edited January 2015 in General

What are some good providers that don't advertise on LEB/LET? My personal experiences.

I love TransIP for my domains. Their VPS's are quite slow and often have disruptions. That however seems to get better nowdays, but my initial experience with that was shit.

Their control panel and domain registration abilities are very good and the price is cheap enough. Plus, they have an API and WHMCS plugin for their domains.

Another, more expenisive domain provider is OpenProvider.eu. They literally offer every domain you can think of including domicile addresses, but they are expensive. Also a nice, but slow, controlpanel and API.

The rest of the providers I use for VPS-es all are on LET/LEB and provide very good services. I'm looking at you, Inception Hosting, RAMNode, Prometeus, Misterhost, SecureDragon, BuyVM, EDIS, Fusioned and RAM Host.

Comments

  • century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited January 2015

    well, our targeted client base isn't LET/LEB but whether good or otherwise, you'll need to decide for yourself as in most cases, ;)

    there is a 14 day money back guarantee anyway

    this is the E5 server benchmark http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2014/11/22/BMaXJK62xYj4r3zI

  • Are you looking for providers who don't advertise here, or who don't sell servers for a dollar?

  • @dediserve said:
    Are you looking for providers who don't advertise here, or who don't sell servers for a dollar?

    Personal experiences from folks,

  • @Raymii said:
    Personal experiences from folks,

    oops! should edit the post then :P

  • Linode is always a great choice

    Thanked by 3J1021 sirmbhe drazilox
  • chrispchrisp Member
    edited January 2015

    At some point I read a blog post on LEB about Castlegem and I just contacted them. The sales was very professional and I picked a London SSD vps. I never ever saw a better VPS since.
    In the last 3 years it has been down for only 1 hour, which was due to a power outage in the DC and they sent out apologies to everyone with a pdf including an explanation of the problem.

    I have a few other VPSes, but this is the best and the support is great, too (greets to Bernhard). When I made a support ticket they replied in german, because they saw it in my accounts settings. It is just so friendly and professional at the same time. I can really recommend them (although the amount of traffic is a bit low for these days I have to admit)

    Thanked by 2ozfingwe Infinity
  • @Spencer said:
    Linode is always a great choice

    +1 for Linode

  • Since TransIP moved to SSD's it became so much better and I quite like their vps's now. Also they offer 2Tb space for 10euros resulting in a nice way to create backups.

  • @chrisp said:
    At some point I read a blog post on LEB about Castlegem and I just contacted them. The sales was very professional and I picked a London SSD vps. I never ever saw a better VPS since.
    In the last 3 years it has been down for only 1 hour, which was due to a power outage in the DC and they sent out apologies to everyone with a pdf including an explanation of the problem.

    I have a few other VPSes, but this is the best and the support is great, too (greets to Bernhard). When I made a support ticket they replied in german, because they saw it in my accounts settings. It is just so friendly and professional at the same time. I can really recommend them (although the amount of traffic is a bit low for these days I have to admit)

    I had exactly the same experience. I didn't keep the VPS that long, but was very impressed with their support and VPS performance and stability. Highly recommended!

    Thanked by 2ozfingwe Infinity
  • MunMun Member

    @ryanarp at catalysthost.

  • A non LET VPS provider I like us the LiteServer.nl

    My VPS from them never rebooted itself, never crashed and if I mistakenly didn't reboot the wrong server it's uptime was almost ten months by now...

    The panel is standard,
    Connection is good.
    The staff is friendly.

    They have a really old web page but when I emailed them I got other offers and I got an ssd cached 90gb Xen vps in 1gbps port with 1gb ram in NL and I'm pretty content with it.

  • It ain't cheap... It's around 11€ /m
    And oh, it's got 3 Xeon cpu cores and 4tb bw.

  • @taronyu said:
    Since TransIP moved to SSD's it became so much better and I quite like their vps's now. Also they offer 2Tb space for 10euros resulting in a nice way to create backups.

    What ??? 2TB space for 10 Eur ??
    (Where is my eyes coming out emoticon when i really need it)

  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

    There's DigitalFyre who don't really advertise here but have incredible support and really reaaonable pricing.

    Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

    Digital Ocean is decent, they don't advertise on LET/LEB o_O

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator

    Unmanaged: 6sync, Linode

    Managed: Knownhost, WiredTree

  • Heard good things about Futurehosting. Also used them years ago before I found out about LEBs (was paying $10/mo for 128MB RAM)

  • @Umair said:
    (Where is my eyes coming out emoticon when i really need it)

    https://www.transip.nl/vps/big-storage/

  • Shouldn't it be 2,000 not 2.000 which looks like 2GB instead of 2TB

  • @dragon2611 said:
    Shouldn't it be 2,000 not 2.000 which looks like 2GB instead of 2TB

    If I am not mistaken, that is common for non US countries, for large numbers to be written out like 2.543,22

  • NyrNyr Member, Community Contributor

    @cncking2000 said:
    If I am not mistaken, that is common for non US countries, for large numbers to be written out like 2.543,22

    Yeah, that's how it's done over here.

  • @dragon2611 said:
    Shouldn't it be 2,000 not 2.000 which looks like 2GB instead of 2TB

    Like Nyr and cncking already said, that's how it done here. :)

  • Fair enough, It's more common to see a , here.

  • UrDNUrDN Member
    edited January 2015

    @perennate said:
    Digital Ocean is decent, they don't advertise on LET/LEB o_O

    Nice deceptive linking to your referral profile.

  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

    UrDN said: Nice deceptive linking to your referral profile.

    Thanks, did you like the fake referral code too?

  • ramnode, crissic, catalyst, prometeus inception host

    you'll never regret, ever!

  • @ironhide said:
    ramnode, crissic, catalyst, inception host

    you'll never regret, ever!

    non-let/leb?

  • wych said: non-let/leb?

    sorry, didn't notice that

  • @ironhide said:

    LPT: Read the title.

Sign In or Register to comment.