Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best-cheapest way to make a weekly newsletters: 3000 subscribers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best-cheapest way to make a weekly newsletters: 3000 subscribers

Hello,

I need to send 3000 emails per week to my subscribers (it might go up a little). I use Wordpress but I want to use 3rd party. What is the best cheapest way? I heard mailchimp but it's not for free. Is there a free service? because I always read here that some people buy a VPS and use it as a mailing VPS or something like that.

Hope someone can shed some light on it and help me with it!

Thanks a lot ;)

Comments

• Mailchimp is alright, free for 2k subs

• I use PHPList on my VPS.

• Maybe check with your host if there are any limitations about sending emails. I've used mailchimp and the good thing about it is you can manually add subscribers to your lists. Not sure if you can do that on VPS.

• HostAxa said: Not sure if you can do that on VPS.

Eh? You can do anything on a VPS. o.o

• Wouldn't Mandrill be suitable for this? They give out first 12k mails per month free if I'm not mistaken.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@introducial said:
    Wouldn't Mandrill be suitable for this? They give out first 12k mails per month free if I'm not mistaken.

They probably wouldn't be too keen on it. They're supposed to be used for transactional emails.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited January 2015

How does Mailchimp work exactly? When your subs receive the emails, who are they from? (A spoofed email, or from their domain)?

Edit: Also, do they let you upload/import email addresses by file or text? (1 each line for example)

• MailPoet, the pricing is ok.

• edited January 2015

Best AND cheap are rarely the same. Do you have a budget that you're working with or do you only want free suggestions? That will help shape the answer.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Amazon SNS

• isaaclisaacl Member
    edited January 2015