Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about DigitalFyre and their Buffalo (ColoCrossing) location
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question about DigitalFyre and their Buffalo (ColoCrossing) location

I got a good offer on a server from DigitalFyre.

The server would be located in their area in ColoCrossing in Buffalo.

I've heard mixed reviews about ColoCrossing and their network, and it sounds like there are sometimes issues there that take a while to resolve.

I currently have servers with Incero in Dallas, and their network has been rock solid, with absolutely no issues, and the network speed and reliability has been absolutely fantastic.

I need something reliable, similar to Incero's network, and I'm trying to find out if anyone has any experience with DigitalFyre, and their Buffalo location, specifically with how their network and reliability is.

And feedback/input would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

IMO you can't go wrong with DigitalFyre. Great group of people to work with.

As far as CC's network in Buffalo is concerned it seems to me like it has its ups and downs. Sometimes is really quick, and sometimes its like molasses.

You'd have to test it out for yourself, but I've had a few servers on their Buffalo network and ended up not keeping a single one due to weird network issues like slow speeds, and random latency spikes.

Thanked by 2isaacl DalekOfSkaro
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

If you have any issues we are happy to work to fix routes etc.

• support123support123 Member
    edited January 2015

@jbiloh said:
    If you have any issues we are happy to work to fix routes etc.

I am facing low download speed from Asia and Europe from multiple locations to buffalo

• LeeLee Veteran

@DigitalFyre has always come across as a decent guy who has a solid background. I am in the process of trying out their new UK budget VPS and that is looking good.

To be honest though I still have a CVPS box in Atlanta and have had services at HudsonValleyHost, I have not had any issues with the network, at the risk sounding like a CC fan it's really been quite good in comparison to others. Not to say there are no issues of course but I have more trouble with the hardware than network overall.

Thanked by 2netomx DalekOfSkaro

ftpit said: I am facing low download speed from Asia and Europe from multiple locations to buffalo

Please email [email protected] your trace routes in both directions and we will take a look. Please include your src ip.

@jbiloh I've been trying to get a hold of you on skype for over a month and you never answer.

Usually easier to contact me at [email protected].

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro

@jbiloh email sent :)

• DigitalFyre have a separate network (AS393578), but not sure right now how much control they have. However, in my tests, it appears that they have an excellent network :)

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • @0xdragon: We do. Here's how it is.

1. We announce some of our IPs under ColoCrossing's ASN.
    2. We announce some other IPs under OUR ASN, where we peer directly with ColoCrossing on-site, then with all their peers.

We're working on further expansion which should happen soon this year. Technically speaking, we're peering with all CC's peers which gives us great failover.

So yeah... That about sums it up :)

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • W1V_Lee said: @DigitalFyre has always come across as a decent guy who has a solid background. I am in the process of trying out their new UK budget VPS and that is looking good.

Thanks, Lee :-) I'm glad you're liking it so far! Hopefully you'll give the U.S Location a test-drive.

+1 for @DIgitalFyre.... after some comments I made here @DalekOfSkaro ..... made me an incredible offer on Skype! There's no reason to doubt these guys! :D

• @agoldenberg Which location were you using? The Buffalo location is getting me nervous... Not doubting the DigialFyre service and @DalekOfSkaro, but gotta find a good datacenter/location.

• Buffalo is a very reliable location and you honestly have nothing to worry about regarding it :)

@isaacl I've used their Chicago location but not their buffalo location.

They have their own arrangements in place so it won't be typical CC in buffalo which I think is a very good thing.

• W1V_Lee said: I have not had any issues with the network, at the risk sounding like a CC fan it's really been quite good in comparison to others. Not to say there are no issues of course but I have more trouble with the hardware than network overall.

ColoCrossing has a solid network, really. If you have your hardware directly with them, your experience will be different than renting it from someone else.

• dediservedediserve Member
    edited January 2015

Agreed. We've nothing but praise for the colo guys, both in terms of uptime and overall performance.

We've also worked with / witnessed Digitalfyre over the last few years and could not recommend them more highly!

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • dediserve said: We've also worked with / witnessed Digitalfyre over the last few years and could not recommend them more highly!

Thanked by 1dediserve

dediserve said: Agreed. We've nothing but praise for the colo guys, both in terms of uptime and overall performance.

Thanks!

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • DylanDylan Member
    edited January 2015

You have to keep in mind that the majority of problems people have with ColoCrossing-based providers are because the providers themselves mismanage their servers -- and that shouldn't be a reflection on ColoCrossing.

That said: Incero's network is really, really phenomenal. I don't think any competing network in this market segment compares favorably, including ColoCrossing's.

• CC has its bodies in the basement. Only a question of time before they show up.

Thanked by 1J1021