Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi and r1softstorage.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi and r1softstorage.com

I recently moved a server from online.net to OVH (Kimsufi). When I tried setting up the idera backup agent to connect to the r1softstorage (backupsy) service, I get connection refused - even after turning off the firewall. Support reckon OVH are blocking the port/IP address. Anyone know anything about this, and whether it's fixable?

Not holding out much hope of getting support on the matter as Kimsufi support is currently ignoring all my requests to get VAT removed from my billing.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

What is the actual port that you are trying to connect to?

• It's 1167

• What's the reason change from online.net to Kimsufi?.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

It's 1167

At least from OVH VPS to outside it's not blocked, just tested.

• @rm_ thanks.

@mustafaramadhan online.net drove me crazy refusing to help with a simple billing problem, so I decided to rage quit.

• One of the VM's running on my SYS box has no problem communicating with r1softstorage.com.

Are you sure the Idera agent is running on your server and listening on the port as the backup server connects to the agent running on your machine, not the other way around.

• I can't telnet out to the r1softstorage server on that port either, and I should be able to.

I turned out the firewall completely for a moment, and I still couldn't get the two talking.

Wonder if there's different restrictions for kimsufi and SYS?

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited January 2015

I think you are not understanding how this works. The R1soft server connects to the agent, not the other way around. So if your trying to reach r1softstorage.com on port 1167 your not going to get anything, because that's not how it works. The R1soft server its self has a gui interface (likely restricted to you) on port 80 which you can setup the back-up times for your server in if you have access, but to perform the backup, the R1soft server connects out to your agent and then has it start the backup (not the other way around). If it isn't working for you, it sounds like you have blocked port 1167 on your server. iptables -F (flush all your iptables entries) and give it a try, if it works then your whole issue is your firewall.

Cheers!

• I'm understanding just fine, thanks. Backupsy's own staff asked me to try the telnet test.

Hello,
    Are you able to telnet on port 1167 to redacted and get any sort of response?

The also mentioned that they are aware of some sort of OVH interference:

Looking up the IP, this is appears to be an OVH IP, and I know that OVH does have some sort of firewall/filtering between your server and the outside world; they should be able to assist.

As I mentioned, any attempt to get kimsufi support for a previous issue, so I am not holding out any hope for a result there, which is why I posted here.