Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEED a managed dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEED a managed dedicated server

looking a dedicated server for one of my friend with 200+ windows VPSes setup in it
each should have 1dedicated ip
20gb disk
1gb ram
purpose:running hitleap
budget less than 300usd per month

Comments

• edited January 2015

200x 1gb ram vps ? then it should have more than 200gb ram and 200 IPs as well. I dont think you can find it for 300$/m without a setup fee.

• setup fee doesn't matter

• rauppe31rauppe31 Member, Host Rep

@gihan said:
    http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-miniwopr2k14v2 this is about 270usd with no setup fee

Yes, but you can only get 50 IP addresses (and they aren't cheap).

• if i increase my budget to 400usd can i get

• edited January 2015
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@gihan no need to go so far open a ticket @ https://readydedi.com/contact.php and I'll work something out.

• rethinkvpsrethinkvps Member
    edited January 2015

Dual E5-2620
    128GB RAM
    4 x 2TB Enterprise HDD with 256GB SSD Cache
    50TB Bandwidth @ 2 x 1Gbps
    $550/monthly

Full Management

If you are interested send me a PM

• @rethinkvps can you setup 200windows vps to run hitleap each vps should have unique dedicate ip with that server

@rethinkvps said:
    Dual E5-2620
    128GB RAM
    4 x 2TB Enterprise HDD with 256GB SSD Cache
    50TB Bandwidth @ 2 x 1Gbps
    $550/monthly

Full Management

If you are interested send me a PM

impossible to run 200 vps on those mate.

edited January 2015

Dual E5-2620 v2

256GB RAM ( 250 vm capacity )

4x3TB HDD + 1x 120GB SSD

HW RAID-10 w/ SSD caching

/24 IPv4 ( 253 IPv4 )

Fully managed , Free whmcs , Free Kernel Care , Free virtualizor + setup for kvm

@ $700/mo

$2.8 per vm w/ 250 vms

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited January 2015

Just OMG - why would you put 200 VMs on a single box.

In all seriousness, I would just contact OVH for a solution. It won't be managed but at least it won't be via a reseller or agent. Its always best to deal direct with the datacentre owner, then you won't suddenly find your service vanishes with all your customer data.

Also OVH can supply you Windows datacentre edition so simplify your licensing requirements.

This is a cheap solution:

https://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/enterprise/2014-MG-256.xml

CPU: Intel Xeon 2x E5-2670v2 20c/40t 2,5 GHz+/3,3 GHz+

RAM: 256 GB DDR3 ECC 1600MHz

Disks: 2x 2 TB SATA3

IP with no monthly fees* 256 IPs

Public network card: 1 x 1 Gbps

You can add hardware RAID to that and caches, etc

$394 + approx $120 setup.

Thanked by 1TheCTS
    edited January 2015

@MarkTurner said:

He's looking for 20GB per vm so almost 4TB and everyone knows OVH doesn't raid-10 , although raid 5 should suffice for his cause.

P.S. forgot to mention the time it takes to get your account validated , I'm waiting with all doucments sent since 3 weeks.....

• MarkTurner said: Just OMG - why would you put 200 VMs on a single box.

The right hardware can definitely withstand that, you know :)

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • cociucociu Member
    edited January 2015

i can help you for 400 $ /mount no setup fee , we are located in Romania, if you still need please pm

Thanked by 1BuyAds
  • @BharatB - you can get RAID10 if you want with OVH. They're extremely flexible. Just add a RAID controller and disks. It will not add much to the price. I have sent OVH plenty of customers for these types of systems over the years. The other advantage is that they are able to offer SPLA pricing for Windows DC. Resellers can't do this because the SPLA requires the SPLA signatory to supply directly to the end customer.

Irrespective, with that much on a server, my recommendation remains - use a tier 1 provider not a reseller

@DalekOfSkaro - I wouldn't be able to sleep well. 200 Linux VM's would be scarey on a single server but 200 Windows ones, infact Windows on the Internet is a terrifying proposition.

• DalekOfSkaroDalekOfSkaro Member
    edited January 2015

MarkTurner said: Windows on the Internet is a terrifying proposition.

I am not going to disagree for I am an anti-windows person. I however do have to use it for a couple of things, since good ol' VMWare won't release a vSphere client for *nix. vCenter often times come to the rescue, but vSphere is usually still needed.

At the end of the day, a VM is where Windows belongs anyway :-)

MarkTurner said: OVH. They're extremely flexible. Just add a RAID controller and disks. It will not add much to the price

Also the one-time fee for a /24 :-) This will keep the cost down a bit.

• MarkTurner said: Irrespective, with that much on a server, my recommendation remains - use a tier 1 provider not a reseller

Yep, that too. Not to mention that the hypervisor will actually need 280~ GB RAM if he's going to run 200x 1GB Ram Windows VMs. If I absolutely had to do it, I'd do a 384 GB RAM Machine... But who others do it is none of my business.

• LeeLee Veteran

Closed by request.

This discussion has been closed.