Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostslim 1GB 100GB 1TB OpenVZ Benchmark - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostslim 1GB 100GB 1TB OpenVZ Benchmark

123457»

Comments

• I get one,Using this command:
    dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=2k oflag=dsync
    15mins still not finished,I break and get a 56K/s and ask a refund immediately

• @DomainBop i'm on the same node as you and I can't install anything! :(
    I submitted a ticket about this issue like 4days ago and they claim that it's fixed but it's not. They lied to me :(

• Luckily I'm not in the same node.
    Mine is faster 100% uptime so far.

• Just do what I did, and ditch the provider. They're awful. You don't expect great performance for the money. It's clearly going to be oversold, but they're taking the piss like this. It's unusable.

I noticed that network and CPU weren't all that bad, but disk IO is what's killing performance. I guess they've got people torrenting heavily (unsurprising given the specs/price, it's ideal for a small seedbox...) and they're not keeping an eye on the node to ensure people get a fair shake.

• Like I said before, everything is just based on what node are you.
    If you are lucky, you'll get good node.

• Is anyone actually getting their full 100GB of disk space? Looks like I'm only allocated 92GB, but really I'm only getting 69GB:

root@vps:~# df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/simfs 92G 246M 69G 1% / tmpfs 512M 0 512M 0% /lib/init/rw tmpfs 512M 0 512M 0% /dev/shm

I've opened 2 tickets so far. At one point, the disk continually shrank until my 600MB Debian install was using 100% of my "100GB".

• @TwoDub this looks like a classic example of "Node's /vz is full" i.e. uncontrolled disk space overselling.

• "Is anyone actually getting their full 100GB of disk space? Looks like I'm only allocated 92GB, but really I'm only getting 69GB:"

My VPS's on node VPSMAIN0130 are allocated the full disk space (so far) but the allocated diskspace on my VPS on node "localhost" has been steadily shrinking since August.

My "localhost" VPS is a business plan that should have 400GB of disk space but this is what it has today:

"df -h

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/simfs 141G 2.2G 92G 3% /
    tmpfs 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /lib/init/rw
    tmpfs 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /dev/shm"

FYI, SolusVM shows the diskspace for this VPS as 3.91 TB (yes, terabytes!).

"Like I said before, everything is just based on what node are you.

If you are lucky, you'll get good node."

Node VPSMAIN0130 was the "good node" in August and now it's so oversold that it's almost impossible to install anything and simple updates can take hours.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2012

Well, at least they set new records for dd, i mean 56 k is a modem speed :P
    Leaving jokes aside I had once upon a time a drive that was gradually decreasing transfer speed that after a day of trying to copy stuff on it was at 1.8 K.
    I tried to replace it in waranty, the seller didnt believe my story and refused to test it, at the price I gave up, holding an 133 UDMA drive slower than any floppy and maybe even some kind of casettes of z80 is not something many ppl can brag about :P

• RurikoRuriko Member
    edited November 2012

They said they'll put me on the new nodes which should be arriving tomorrow Lol
    BTW what's a good reason I can give to paypal since paypal doesn't refund electronic goods. I can't get my refund from hostslim because it's past 7days.

• "Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/simfs 141G 2.2G 92G 3% /"

The 141G was down to 125G when I cancelled all 4 of my HostSlim VPS's today.

• @DomainBop did you get your refund?

• Another one .. this time .. 3.25 Load average for CPU . even though my vps is actually almost idle.
    http://imagebin.org/235885

• @Ruriko I didn't bother asking for a refund for the basic plan I got last week. The others weren't eligible for refunds. I'd had 2 of them since early August

"Another one .. this time .. 3.25 Load average for CPU . even though my vps is actually almost idle."

The 14.7%wa is the reason for the high load average. Add the high wa% to the shrinking hard disk sizes and you have a case of massive disk overselling (and probably a lot of torrent users/seedboxes abusing the node).

HostSlim is running another 75% special this week if you pay annually...

• RurikoRuriko Member
    edited November 2012

let's all post our complaints on their WHT thread
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1209303

• inb4Infracted for 'Ad trashing,' happened to me when I called someone out too.

• Well I wouldn't call it ad trashing it's more like giving a warning to other users before attempting to buy

• Don't trash their ad on wht, post a review in the VPS section.

• BBTNBBTN Member
    edited November 2012

Current dd on node localhost:

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 22.0742 s, 48.6 MB/s

• do you guys find that large files automatic del/lost recently in your vps?
    I am on vpsmain012 node