Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best place to hire programmers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the best place to hire programmers?

So name the best place to hire programmers without getting scammed/ripped off. Don't recommend me freelancer.com I read lots of reviews and most say they're full of scammers or unskilled programmers

Comments

• What do you need / what is your budget?

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

https://wizpert.com , https://wizpert.com/17059 -> Thats me with php mysql and js if you need.

• Use odesk.com . We been using it for over 4 years.. Have hired more than 200+ candidates .. Its the best.

I've tried using most of the other platforms but nothing beats odesk. Also when you hire programmers look for people from eastern europe if you are under a budget who will code like a ninja and bill reasonably

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • what about fiverr.com

• Depends on what you are looking for. Like @cloudvps said we use odesk for some android, iOS, windows, and php projects and I have only been disappointed a few times but that being said odesk now holds your payment until you are satisfied with the quality of work so it's a pretty safe option.

• Depends on the scope of your projects. For most things, oDesk is a good start. As you go higher the ladder and need top talent, supply is very limited and your best bet is to make connections with the dev communities.

• If you've got real positions you should post job ads - contracts, permanents etc. If not, you should outsource it to a known good company and have their team do the work. Hiring freelancers will be tough if it's a real project.

Thanked by 2netomx nasirbest
  • Odesk

• I'm using Elance, it seems that they're same company as oDesk.

• i am programmer, but i only work long term...

• cloudvps said: Use odesk.com

+1 for Odesk.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

If you need go/python/php/javascript/html we have great in house team. everything is negotiable.

• @drserver said:
    If you need go/python/php/javascript/html we have great in house team. everything is negotiable.

Go as well? Sounds nice!

Thanked by 1drserver
  • Odesk sounds interesting. Is it safe to hire a newly registred user there? I guess so as it seems like there is an escrow system, right?

• I have worked with a lot of clients in odesk. It is a great platform. Make sure you hire the right guy. In case of web development, they have a group in there called odesk verified web developers of something which is pretty sweet. Previously they only guaranteed payments for hourly work now they cover both fixed price and hourly work. Its a nice place to meet some very good developers.

• Odesk! Just check the freelancer's ratings received and feedback from previous clients. You can also do interview call or video via Skype before hiring one. oDesk also has this service where they are the one who invite applicants that meet your requirements. Happy hiring!