Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uptime Robot 'Pro' - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Uptime Robot 'Pro'

2»

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Get 3 lowendboxes, put a PHP script on it, let it run every 15 sec, split into threads if needed, why the fuck do people pay like 15$ for 10 Checks per Month every min?

UptmeRobot/Statuscake is just secondary monitoring not primary.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@adrienjarthon said:
    Hi all, adrien here from updown.io

I found my product on this forum and was happy to see the comments :)

I haven't experienced much issue with uptimerobot but I haven't tried for long. I guess their freemium model prevents them from working on the stability of the thing as much as they should :/
    But hey, it's free so the value is great.

Your project looks pretty good as well, I'll probably try it :)

• @adrienjarthon said:

I haven't experienced much issue with uptimerobot but I haven't tried for long. I guess their freemium model prevents them from working on the stability of the thing as much as they should :/

Just signed up, looks good so far. Any plans to build a public status page?

• @adrienjarthon said:

Hey, tr1cky here, who uses uptimerobot Pro for 3 months now.
    Haven't had a single false-positive.

• rmlhhd said: Just signed up, looks good so far. Any plans to build a public status page?

Thanks! there's already one actually, you just need to click on the URL in your check list.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited January 2016

@MrGeneral said:

Your project looks pretty good as well, I'll probably try it :)

I'm pretty sure you'd try being raped by an incredibly sexually aggressive bear if it was free.

• Nekki said: I'm pretty sure you'd try being raped by an incredibly sexually aggressive bear if it was free.

FWIW, I stumbled upon updown.io pissing around with Slack viewing what you could connect to it, and no issues so far.

Was easy to setup, easy to integrate no false positives.

Rebooted a server for a kernel upgrade and it caught it, so I'm happy.

I use programs like Constellix, but that causes issues when they host at the same data centers as a bulk of your servers.

I always like a few off-network uptime monitors. I figure you don't want to wake up with angry customers because an uptime monitor uses the same DC or uplink / peering as your servers and missed something. Multiple layers FTW.

Currently using Bearmon, Constellix & Updown.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    MrGeneral said:
    I'm pretty sure you'd try being raped by an incredibly sexually aggressive bear if it was free.

Obviously. I'm El Cheapo. :p

• Found it, thanks.

• VitaVita Member
    edited January 2016

I've used UptimeRobot for more than 4 years and I guess it did the job. I run critical applications/websites so I won't be upgrading to the pro plan I guess, as I don't need the 1 minute check. I didn't experience any problems with their monitoring service, as far as I can tell it's okay, tough I only use the ping monitor.

• Great Uptime Monitor. Upgraded to pro plan now let's see how 1 minute will work now :)

• I never ran in depth analysis with them but when they said my server was down it was actually down, when they said my website was up it was actually up. Used them for a few years with no problem.

I then discovered updown.io and paid a few euro and moved, not sure why but love updown.io, the owner answers emails and they have a good UI, would recommend if you don't mind paying.

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited January 2016

Uptime robot indicates my vps done for 2 months but the vps is running for 2 months even I can ssh in.

Too much false positives.

• @masterqqq said:
    Uptimw robot indicates my vps done for 2 months but the vps us running for 2 months even I can ssh in.

Too much false positives.

Sure you don't have sone thing like fail2ban that blacklisted the monitor IPS?

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I'm waiting for the paid version of nixstats.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish vfuse
  • FYI, Uptime Robot Pro is $4.50 per month. I didn't actually see that mentioned here.

• @Jonchun said:
    Sure you don't have sone thing like fail2ban that blacklisted the monitor IPS?

Its idling no iptables rules either.

• ollietrex said: I then discovered updown.io and paid a few euro and moved, not sure why but love updown.io, the owner answers emails and they have a good UI, would recommend if you don't mind paying.

That does look neat. I'll have to try it now.

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    I'm using UptimeRobot to monitor about 10 servers and am pretty happy. They have reported every downtime i am aware of and there haven't been any false positives.

Same here. I've been on their Pro plan for a while now and it works great!

• @mpkossen said:
    Same here. I've been on their Pro plan for a while now and it works great!

Same here. Using the Pro plan with around 20 servers and could not be happier.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Unfortunately ditched uptime robot totally as it reported random downtime for my online.net and quickpacket servers (la and all) :(

Using bearmon now Just wish they had an Api and percentage uptime then would be perfect, would even be happy to pay yearly for those functions